Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ETC Closes under WOT, suggestions??

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by goatkart
    lol did it fall off the transport truck and onto the TPS???
    I bet that's what happended.

lol, it's got me totally confused. It has to be because it's not seeing something, an input or something it needs.

i'll just keep on truckin, if ya got any ideas please post them, i would really appreciate it.

I may be way off base here, but maybe you can use a Volt meter and manually look at the voltages coming out of the TPS and Pedal Position sensor. I am just considering the possibility of wiring issues since this is a conversion.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06
    I may be way off base here, but maybe you can use a Volt meter and manually look at the voltages coming out of the TPS and Pedal Position sensor. I am just considering the possibility of wiring issues since this is a conversion.
    I might take a look at that, but all the factory ECU wiring is O.E., we had to splice nothing into the main PCM harness. The pedal had all the wiring to the box underhood and then to the PCM. We were also able to use the factory '03 fuse panel, and I de-pinned all unused wiring. There are only 3 fuses and 2 relays or so in the fuse box.

All the volts look good on the HP datalogger. Thanks for the ideas guys! keep 'em comin, i'm trying my best to get this one, but with the limited experience with HP I have it's going to take some time.

still probally worth checking the actual voltage switch.... you might be getting random voltage drops from a bad sensor....

meh..... its just another thing to limit out in the end right?!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by goatkart
    still probally worth checking the actual voltage switch.... you might be getting random voltage drops from a bad sensor....

meh..... its just another thing to limit out in the end right?!
    it's worth a try, i'll get the old volt meter out and backprobe it this weekend.

Tuner in Training
    FIXED.

I was in the process of checking the TPS voltages, and noticed that with the engine not running the throttle would work perfect. Knowing this, it couldn't be a hardware fault. So I began, one at a time, changing values in the various ETC tables. When i got to the drop-down box that is the ECT throttle cutoff RPM vs Gear control enable/disable i disabled it, this is under the engine/fuel system/fuel cutoff tab. The throttle hesitation is gone. The fuel cutoff is still in place and working as it stops at 6400 just as set.

Not sure why the ETC throttle control was doing what it was, but I don't need it anyhow, the fuel cutoff works just fine.

Last edited by 00 Z; 02-10-2008 at 03:07 PM.