Thread: 2 iat sensors?

2 iat sensors?

I guys im wanting to know if there is any way of running 2 seperate intake air temp sensors, the reason is i have a turbocharged intercooled ls1 in a 02 hsv(holden) maloo 5.7ltr manual running 2bar OS and im currently logging iat after the intercooler but im wanting to log the ambiet temps aswell for comparison as to the intercoolers efficantcy. Is there anyway to do this into the interface or hopefully into the pcm direct. any help appreciated please.
    cheers tim
    Last edited by Delft Calais; 01-23-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais
    I guys im wanting to know if there is any way of running 2 seperate intake air temp sensors, the reason is i have a turbocharged intercooled ls1 in a 02 hsv(holden) maloo 5.7ltr manual running 2bar OS and im currently logging iat after the intercooler but im wanting to log the ambiet temps aswell for comparison as to the intercoolers efficantcy. Is there anyway to do this into the interface or hopefully into the pcm direct. any help appreciated please.
    cheers tim
    I have been thinking about doing something similar to monitor my before and after temps on the intercooler. I was going to get an IAT sensor that returns 0-5v like this:
    http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...airtempsending

Then, I could wire the extra IAT sensor either directly into the EIO on the HPT, or run it through the PCM on the EGR pins like here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15247

I would have to drill and tap the lower manifold to install the sensor. You would just have to mount the IAT somewhere in the intake tube.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...