Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help on Wideband

Never had a need to simulate a narrow band O2 sensor. Just install the wideband in place of the stock RF O2 sensor, plug in the controller module & start tuning. This will put the car in open loop. Once the AFR is tuned, then reinstall the stock O2 sensor.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Never had a need to simulate a narrow band O2 sensor. Just install the wideband in place of the stock RF O2 sensor, plug in the controller module & start tuning. This will put the car in open loop. Once the AFR is tuned, then reinstall the stock O2 sensor.

Russ Kemp
    I wanted to simulate NB because this is a daily driver and I installed the PLX DM-100 gauge which you can set up to give you all kinds of warnings and custom displays based on the parameters from the sensors. For instance, if I'm WOT or at the track, I can set up the parameters in the gauge to flash a warning if boost is over 8psi and AFR is over 12.5, or something like that, so I can let off the throttle before I blow stuff up.

I was going to install another bung for the wideband, but it turned out that I didn't have enough room in the header collector, and the only good spot I could find to install the bung would have been monitoring only one bank of cylinders.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

so should i try to install this in the X Pipe portion, or is it ok to just install the wb on one bank after the collector? i guess i am gonna keep the stock nb sensors in...1) for a sanity check, and 2) so it wont throw the pcm fuel adjustments off in closed loop due to one bank showing one thing and the other bank showing something else from the 2 different sensors
    2002 Camaro Z28
    236/236/0.590"/0.590"/112 lsa cam
    Longtube Headers, True Dual w/ X Pipe
    Air Lid, Filter, Ported Maf End, Bellows Hose

The car has to be in open loop when tuning the AFR using a wideband. Just put the wideband in place of the stock RF O2 sensor. I do it all the time.

Russ Kemp

Which of the 4 oxygen sensor wires is the signal wire i need to hook the analog 5v from the wideband to?

I am replacing the right front sensor, my wires are Pink, Black, Purple, Tan

I am assuming the black is the ground
    But which is the sensor wire.
    the wire diagram says...
    Purple is Right Front HO2S HI
    Tan is Right Front HO2S LO
    2002 Camaro Z28
    236/236/0.590"/0.590"/112 lsa cam
    Longtube Headers, True Dual w/ X Pipe
    Air Lid, Filter, Ported Maf End, Bellows Hose

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV 02 - Z28
    Which of the 4 oxygen sensor wires is the signal wire i need to hook the analog 5v from the wideband to?

I am replacing the right front sensor, my wires are Pink, Black, Purple, Tan

I am assuming the black is the ground
    But which is the sensor wire.
    the wire diagram says...
    Purple is Right Front HO2S HI
    Tan is Right Front HO2S LO
    On my car, purple is the signal wire and tan is the heater power wire. Looks like the same for you.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

Here is a pic of how I mounted the resistors for the heater wires. This is bolted where the EGR used to be.