Thread: ? about supported parameters

Tuner in Training

? about supported parameters

I have an 06 Bu SS 3900 and it has 2 features that i would like to dive into changing, the intake tuning valve and the cam phaser. Both are controlled by the VCM, but i do not see a parameter for them on the VCM suite. It does show alot of DOD stuff, but my car does not have DOD, is this just a generic parameter? Will these other parameters be on an updated software version? Also i do not see a table for shift speed on the transmission, normally just pressure, current control, and such. Do i need to look at an older version of the VCM software? I believe i am using the newest one right now...ill have to get the comp to check the version tho.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have an 06 Bu SS 3900 and it has 2 features that i would like to dive into changing, the intake tuning valve and the cam phaser. Both are controlled by the VCM, but i do not see a parameter for them on the VCM suite. It does show alot of DOD stuff, but my car does not have DOD, is this just a generic parameter?
    Any PCM that could offer DOD has those parameters in the calibration.

Will these other parameters be on an updated software version?
    Nobody has actually requested them from what I can tell for this application however feel free to post in our feature request section and we'll add it to our to do list.

Also i do not see a table for shift speed on the transmission, normally just pressure, current control, and such. Do i need to look at an older version of the VCM software?
    2.22 would have thee most up to date parameters available.

I believe i am using the newest one right now...ill have to get the comp to check the version tho.
    2.22 is the newest version
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    yah im using 2.22 so i guess ill post in the wish list section lol, and see what happens

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Also you'll want to post your file in whatever thread you start in the features request section.

One thing I'd like to see is your file concerning the shift speed/pressure tables, Im wondering if you have a separate TCM that the software simply didn't read out so feel free to post your file HERE in regards to that so I can look it over to ensure everything is kosher there.

Tuner in Training
    the link to "HERE" didnt work, ill post it up tho if i can find it, lol. ill post one of my first files if i cannot find the stock one. the system runs off of a CAN network, so i believe it does have a separate TCM also

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What is the year/make/model of your vehicle? Im not familiar with an 06 Bu SS

Tuner in Training
    2006 chevy malibu ss with 3900 v6 and 4t65 auto trans, gm fed vehicle

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ahh malibu, I have one of those files, It does use a separate TCM but from what I can tell the shift speed & shift properties are all there as is TM & TCC lockup stuff. I'll try to post a screenshot in a moment.

Tuner in Training
    ok, i may have just overlooked them, but then again it may be under a different name too...also why are the manual shifting tables not available...i have tried to change them and it doesnt seem to work

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...alkthrough.swf

Looks like everything is there at least in this file.

The only manual shifting tables I've ever seen are for the tap shift vehicles ie corvette A6, G8 A6, etc.

Tuner in Training
    well this malibu has that tap shift style, in manual range. the range on the shifter is park, rev, neutral, drive and M for manual, then you tap the button on the shifter + or - depending on the gear you want. the trans seems to act very different when you use the manual range, meaning the shifts are alot better and i wanted to take a look at the pressure and current tables they use and maybe copy and paste into the regular tables

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah our engineers would need to look into that.

Tuner in Training
    and i see the shift speeds on it, but there isnt one for shift time...meaning the amount of time taken in between shifts. on my 02 grand am, that was chageable, granted i was using a different interface from another company, but i thought it should be the same like that

Tuner in Training
    also i noticed that on WOT my tps signal is never more than 86%...EVER i dont know if that is part of the elec throttle, but i have taken all the torque abuse off before and it will still not show above 86% throttle, not from a dead stop nor from a rolling start. i have a scan to post up to show that one if i can find it later

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoggin
    and i see the shift speeds on it, but there isnt one for shift time...meaning the amount of time taken in between shifts. on my 02 grand am, that was chageable, granted i was using a different interface from another company, but i thought it should be the same like that
    02' Grand Am's used a completely different pcm and didn't USE a tcm, the transmission parameters were in the pcm itself. Posting your file & a request for desired shift speeds in the feature request section would really be your best bet in this case. However you can't compare apples & oranges.

also i noticed that on WOT my tps signal is never more than 86%...EVER i dont know if that is part of the elec throttle, but i have taken all the torque abuse off before and it will still not show above 86% throttle, not from a dead stop nor from a rolling start. i have a scan to post up to show that one if i can find it later
    Why does my TPS only read 82-88% at WOT?

Tuner in Training
    ok so the tps wont show right but the ETC should then, and i kinda knew about apples to oranges, ill see what i can do about posting up some scans and files and see what yall think, thatll be later on tonight, i have them on a different computer