Thread: 07 Silverado Help

Advanced Tuner

07 Silverado Help

I started tuning my buddies '07 Silverado, and want to see if there is more that I can do.

I started off by making sure to set the Engine TqMngmt to as little as possible, and then I set the tranny Tqmgt to 50% ( I read that is the most you want to do).

I raised timing by 4*, and leaned out the PE, and removed the PE delay.

Then I messed around with the tranny and set the Tow/Haul mode to function like a performance shift by increasing shift pressure and raising the shift rpm and speed.

I was wondering what else I could do to wake the truck up tune wise. It's a 07 4.8L New Bodystyle Work Truck with the A4. And it does not have the 3.73 gears.

I notice when you floor it from a stop the thing is pig slow until you get out of first gear. Can I make it more responsive down low in first gear somehow?

Senior Tuner
    SHift pressure really comes in with force motor current tables. You have the positive table, simply drop the cells to the right progressively.

Here is mine:

Senior Tuner
    Here is stock for comparison:

Senior Tuner
    This is my trans TM table, I have worked this over many times to get a feel at all ranges I am happy with:

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO
    I raised timing by 4*, and leaned out the PE, and removed the PE delay.

Then I messed around with the tranny and set the Tow/Haul mode to function like a performance shift by increasing shift pressure and raising the shift rpm and speed.

I was wondering what else I could do to wake the truck up tune wise. It's a 07 4.8L New Bodystyle Work Truck with the A4. And it does not have the 3.73 gears.

I notice when you floor it from a stop the thing is pig slow until you get out of first gear. Can I make it more responsive down low in first gear somehow?

I will garantee you that you will need to do several hours of logging for KR and adjust the cells down that show KR. You need to set the entire Knock Retard Decay Rate table to 50 in all cells to give the resolution you need to see where each KR even is coming in at, then work on the cells offending and smooth out the surrounding cells until it is gone.

Now, to get rid of the full throttle from idle hesitation, remove all negative values in three timing tables, thats high octane, low octane and base timing.
    To get it to launch harder, move the values positive in all three tables at the same places until you get KR, then back them all down to get rid of KR. I ended up with close to +10 values in the lowest cells and averaged from +10 to the values in the higher RPM cells.

Advanced Tuner
    You have been most helpful, I will give these a try, and if they work I will add your knowledge to my tuning bible!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO
    You have been most helpful, I will give these a try, and if they work I will add your knowledge to my tuning bible!
    Just wondering if you tried this yet and how it worked out?
    2007 Sierra RCSB 5.3 (for now)

Ok so i looked at my first 07 4.8 today. I bumped timing by 2 degrees across the board above about idle. But as soon as it get up into any rpm it pings. So backed the timing back down to stock. but even at one point shifting from 1st to second it still kr and reduced the timing by about 7 degrees.

Tuner
    Send me a Pm bro I can help you set up a base tune
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning