Thread: A couple of scanner problems

A couple of scanner problems

I've been scanning successfully for quite a while, but I've had two problems that I hope someone can help with. First, I have the MPVI Pro version, but I have never been able to scan without the laptop. When I tried to scan standalone, the ERR light on the unit came on each time.

My other problem is that about every other time I go to start scanning from the software on the laptop, I get a Validate Cable License Failure message pop up. If I clear the message and press > again, it works fine.

Thanks for any help.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Where in Central Jersey are you?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm in Chesterfield, which is just outside Trenton. I work up in Princeton.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    shoot me an email to bill@ so we can talk if you don't mind.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

err

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGS View Post
    I've been scanning successfully for quite a while, but I've had two problems that I hope someone can help with. First, I have the MPVI Pro version, but I have never been able to scan without the laptop. When I tried to scan standalone, the ERR light on the unit came on each time.

My other problem is that about every other time I go to start scanning from the software on the laptop, I get a Validate Cable License Failure message pop up. If I clear the message and press > again, it works fine.

Thanks for any help.
    i seem to be having the same problem as you how did you correct it

Potential Tuner

Cool

Exact same thing here.
    Just a frost bitten Canadian.

Same Problem for myself, has anyone found a solution yet? Also sometimes my laptop goes like in a power safty mode or something when i scan regularly, but the battery is fully charged. anyone have this happen?

thanks
    ray