Thread: 2013 GT 5.0L start up idle Problem

Talking 2013 GT 5.0L start up idle Problem

any SCT tuners can help me with this please
    I have 2013 Mustang GT 5.0L with kenne bell 2.8L
    the Problem is,
    it's lean and surging with choppy idle in start up at first 15sec after that it become stable.

what I have to do !!
    which table I have to fix !! for idle fuel and start up !!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i am sure your injectors have not been properly worked.

Log your LTFTs. It takes around 15-20secs for the Ford closed loop to get active so thats why it seems fine once they add or remove fueling according to what the O2 sensors are reading.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

look into your closed loop and open loop delay tables

Tuner in Training

Your problem is the same as any 2011 mustang gt coyote owner and can be fixed easily.

What happens is the wideband oxygen sensors must warm up before the car can exit open loop mode, the supercharger ads to the effect. It takes 15 seconds before the wideband warmup. All that needs to be done is the threshold for what the computer believes is warmed up needs to be lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by fahadss2000 View Post
    any SCT tuners can help me with this please
    I have 2013 Mustang GT 5.0L with kenne bell 2.8L
    the Problem is,
    it's lean and surging with choppy idle in start up at first 15sec after that it become stable.

what I have to do !!
    which table I have to fix !! for idle fuel and start up !!

Potential Tuner

Take A Step Back

First off are you tuning with SCT's PRP software (I assume you are). If so are you using the stock throttle body? If you are using the KB "Big" throttle body then you need a tune from someone with access to the DD tables as the PRP software does not allow access to the DD tables you will never get the tune right if you have the KB throttle body. If you are using the stock TB then you can tune the car with the PRP software. Have you adjusted the MAF transfer function for the larger KB intake? I am guessing you are using the stock injectors but verify the injector slope is correct for the injectors you are using. Record a short log and check your STFT once the car goes closed loop also look at your injector duty cycle. If you want you can send me a log and I can point you in the right direction.

From Mike @ Spankintime Motorsports

^very true. the TB if not tuned correctly you might as well just stop tuning the vehicle.

Why are you guys discussing tuning with SCT on HPTuners forums? SCT has their own forum.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC