Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advanced GM Calibration Class suggestions

Tuner in Training james007moore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS
    Greg,

Any updates on this? If you need a place in NY we can hold it at out shop.

Howard

Is an " out shop " similar to an out house ????

05 GTO 402ci w/G5X4 cam,1 7/8 Kooks, Spec 3
    93 Z28 LT1 396ci D1(12psi)

Tuner
    Count me in

topics to add:

LS2 Big cam idle stuff (minumn running airflow and such...taming surge)
    complete E85 tuning
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Hey Greg,

It was great meeting you in Oxnard..

DEFINATELY count me in..Just tell me when, where, and how much...

Jeff
    Total Performance Engineering
    [email protected]

Timing

More on timing strategies.
    Tuner 1 day

Just a quick update, guys. I have the presentation material about 98% done. It covers all of the topics I listed in the intro here, plus a bit more. I'm pretty sure I cover the majority of "stumper questions" asked on here about airflow, fuel flow, ETC, timing and dynamic behavior tuning. With the level of detail that I'm doing on this, transmission tuning will have to wait. We will also not waste time on how to read, load and save files. I will assume that you can already handle that part of things before you sign up for this class. Don't even ask about diesels.

This course will be very thorough to the point where it's going to be a busy two days of learning for those who take it. As usual, I will provide students with a hard copy of the presentation that will double as a reference manual for later use. I don't expect people to memorize everything I throw at them in 2 days, so it's nice to have a reminder on some of the more involved topics for future use.

Cost for this class will be comparable to other advanced training sessions. $1,400 is going to be the introductory price, which will include lunch and all training materials, and a copy of my book. I know this sounds like a lot to the newbs, but it's far cheaper than the SAE courses I typically take and honestly contains at least as much useful information. It is NOT geared toward the beginner, so I will not be offended if anyone thinks it's too steep for the casual enthusiast. I am specifically targetting guys who want to learn the proper control methods from an experienced calibrator, not just a tuner who has "done this a lot."

The first session will be held here in the Detroit suburbs this summer. I have a location. I'm just waiting on them to confirm a date before we make the official announcement. Provided this session goes well, I will look into bringing this to select other locations as my schedule allows.

Senior Tuner
    Greg,

I look forward to your course. The price will be a stretch for most, but definately beneficial to those who can justify the cost. I of course would like to be on the first list, even if it is in Detroit. I look forward to the release of the schedule, thanks for all your efforts.

We have set a date!

I am pleased to announce that we will host the first class on July 19-20th. The class will run from 9am-6pm on Saturday and 9am-2pm on Sunday.

Wheel to Wheel Powertrain in Madison Hts., MI will be our hosts for this class. (Click here for exact location)

I'm sure many of you here know of Wheel to Wheel and their long history of successful LSx projects. They have a truly world class facility with an all-wheel drive load bearing Mustang Dyno. We will be making good use of the dyno during the class. I am excited to work with W2W and I'm sure that everyone who attends will see exactly why these guys are so good.

To sign up, just send me an email directly with your contact information and I can add you to the list. Attendance for this class will be limited to 8 students in order to make sure everyone attending is able to ge the most out of the experience.

I'm signed up and ready.....who else is going?

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

This first session is tenatively sold out, pending payment from a couple of the last registrants. I am keeping a wait list for those looking to step up if someone bails. After this first session is completed, I'll set a date for a future class.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator
    This first session is tenatively sold out...
    Make that OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT. It looks like we have a great crew of guys coming to this. I look forward to meeting all of you in person in July. (Some of you for the second or third time!)

If you missed out on this session, keep your eyes on this forum for future class dates and hopefully some feedback from the guys going to this session.

man that happened faster than I saw coming, I really wanted to make it into that session and wanted to meet many of the peep that would have been attending as well...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Well, I'd dare say that this class session went well enough to do another. Thank you to all who attended, as your questions and contributions are part of what makes this a bigger success. I'll let the guys who attended the class give their own opinions on the material and presentation.

Since W2W is closing, we'll have a new location for the next class whether we like it or not. Fortunately, there are plenty of options both here in MI and across the country. Start checking your calendars for availability and I'm going to look into doing another local session along with perhaps East/West Coast classes.

Senior Tuner
    Glad to hear of the success Greg. Keep us in mind for one of your future sessions.

The following is a follow up to the class I took with Greg this past weekend. I must say that it was a great experience even as a guy that has been tuning for the last 6 years. Gregs method of teaching is not based upon specific conditions but rather the process that takes place in the mind of the PCM.......from GM's perspective. This has always been a big part of tuning as if we don't know how the PCM calculates fueling and spark control, then how can you make correct changes.

The class is definately not a beginners class so don't waste money and airfare if you are just starting out. Greg will assume that you have had time tuning cars so the class starts out right away with heavy math and formulas. For myself I understood everything he had discussed but most importantly it tied together what I had known to complete the story.....if that makes any sense.

One area that I found interesting was on how useful tuning in Lamba can be. Like most we are used to looking at AFR, but learning to tune in Lambda is much faster and makes much better sense as GM uses it in the logic. I have been resisting for a long time and now have been convinced!

Greg is a sharp guy and truly has a good handle on GM logic as well as a strong understanding of how an engine works. If there is an Advanced Level 2.......I'm there!

Thanks Greg!

Howard
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

I just finished the advanced class also this past weekend with Greg and have to say I really enjoyed it not only from a learning experience but also as a networking tool between tuners. The class was really informative, I've been tuning for quite awhile now, but you can always learn something new, especially from a High Caliber Instructor such as Greg.
    As Howard has said it is an advanced class and you have to know the basics before this one, I have taken Greg's previous class awhile back (highly recommended for tuners) and was very happy to see he had an advanced class. The math and formulas in this class will definitely help tuners more effieciently with their tuning skills.
    All in All, it was a great class and experience and I would highly recommend it for tuners.

Thanks Greg for the weekend and look forward to seeing you again.

Geoff.

25 Years of Corvette Performance Experience
    Dynojet 224XLC Eddy Current Dynamometer
    HP Tuners For All Of Your Performance Tuning Needs

Excellence in Performance is Achieved Thru Teamwork.