Thread: How to firm the shift in ETC cars.

How to firm the shift in ETC cars.

I have done all the usual stuff (shift pressure, shift time, etc) but still the shift is not that firm.
    The car is a stock 2006 Holden Commodore and transmission is 4L60.

So what I have to do to firm the shift more I know that I missed something .
    Last edited by The devil; 12-17-2007 at 06:13 AM.

Tuner in Training
    goto engine - torque management and change the etc tps max to 100% in all the cells, and then goto spark retard vs. torque reduction and put 0 in all the cells, this will get rid of any torque reduction on shifts. If you want it firmer than that you can block off the accumulators in the transmission or take the pressure control solenoid out and turn the torx screw at the end of it and boost line pressure. (I think clock-wise, but will have to check to be sure).

Quote Originally Posted by The devil
    I have done all the usual stuff (shift pressure, shift time, etc) but still the shift is not that firm.
    The car is a stock 2006 Holden Commodore and transmission is 4L60.

So what I have to do to firm the shift more I know that I missed something .
    Try this trans tune. I set up your shift pressures, part throttle shift speeds, TCC duty cycle & lock up speed tables. I set the upshift torque reduction 50% of stock. If you install the Corvette servo, then you can zero the upshift torque reduction tables.

Do you really want the WOT performance shift at 6300-6400 RPM? Not a good plan with stock valve springs.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Russ, I noticed that your upshift 2-3 was 68 mph and your downshift 3-2 was 68 mph... is that going to cause a problem?

The WOT 2-3 & 3-2 normal shift speeds are stock values. I've seen some stock tunes that had the WOT 3-2 shift speeds higher than the 2-3.

The WOT upshift speed is always commanded before the WOT shift rpm.

Russ Kemp