Thread: DFCO issues

DFCO issues

Got a H/C 02 Camaro A4 (234/234 .595/.595 115, PRC stg1 LS6, Yank 3200)
    And when I let off the throttle, engine RPMs barely change, almost like cruise control is enabled. Even when you step on the brake, engine RPMs take a long time to slow down..

Tuner in Training
    Too much air going in. TB set screw in too far (opening the blade too much)? Hole in TB blade too big? Intake leak? Leak around the TB?

If everything check's out, and assuming it's been tuned (since you have a cam) maybe there's something in the tune. Like RAF too high, Throttle Cracker has too much in the low RPM cells, Throttle follower to high or Throttle follower decay numbers too high. Too much timing in idle cells?

It's called a hanging idle, by the way.

Im beginning to suspect I have an air leak somewhere. Sometimes at idle it will surge real bad in gear and in park, even when I lock the timing, AFR and IAC. It also whistles, sort of like a supercharger when accelerating, however I havent been able to find it.

LTITs

Hi mate, I have a ram style cold air intake which is maffless and it to whistles. It sounds like you have abit of a hanging idle, you could try to reduce your idle speed in the hot values.

Then I would redo your RAF to make shore that your idle is consistant. LTITS.

As the other guy said if your are trying to initially tune your car from scratch whith your cam, maybe your TB is open to far.

You should post a log to get some real help, How many volts is your TB open to? How much controll does ETC have?

Hope this helps, Ben.
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.