Thread: cylair WOT Multiplier and Max Multipliers

Tuner

cylair WOT Multiplier and Max Multipliers

So for grins, we used a friend of mines SCT x2 to flash my car, and then downloaded it to compare it the stock file, just to see what kinds of changes it made. Nothing was super surprising, but I did find a couple of things that I just don't understand and was hoping for some guidance on here.

The first change that I couldn't figure out why are the cylair WOT Multiplier and Cylair Max Multiplier were both changed. Factory on these are 1.10 and 90 respectively. The reflash sets them to 1.9 and 1.1 respectively. Truth be told, other than the fact that these are numbers that modify the calculated air mass, I'm not sure what they are, much less why they are changed...
    2007 Mustang GT
    266rwhp 276rwftlb's. 13.6@104 stock.
    Adding a bunch of goodies and shooting for mid 12's.

they define an upper limit for the calculated cylinder airmass, by making it larger you effectively remove any upper limit and prevent the ECM from going into any failure modes due to exceeding it.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Ahhh... very cool. Thanks Chris.

Cylair WOT Multiplier Is very obviously for WOT, and I am going to assume ONLY for WOT. I am guessing that the Cylair Max Multiplier is going to be the one used for all Non-WOT states then? Would these be correct assumptions?
    2007 Mustang GT
    266rwhp 276rwftlb's. 13.6@104 stock.
    Adding a bunch of goodies and shooting for mid 12's.

In some PCMs it does not effect fueling, but in the ones where it does count, you can still get clipped with enough airflow.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp