Thread: Does CASE Learn work for Gen4's yet?

Potential Tuner

Does CASE Learn work for Gen4's yet?

Does the CASE Learn funciton work on then Gen4 engines yet, with the ETC? I think there was an issue with the throttle position sensor being too high when the pedal was fully released.

If not, is this being addressed, and how long? Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    hmmm, no answers..

Well, has anyone been able to run the CASE relearn on 07-08 NBS Silverados with the 5.3 engines? Anyone not been able to run it? Thanks. I just need to know if this is going to work on this vehicle before I buy this tuner.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    CASE learns won't work on some ETC vehicles for some reason, we are working on a fix but no ETA at the moment as it seems a bit more complex as to why then we initially thought.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I need to do a CASE learn on a LS7 because of new crank.......wish we could do this w/ hp
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Tuner in Training
    I had the same problem with LS7 in Z06 yesterday after ECM change. Is it fixed in HPT yet or did I something wrong? I did it successfully on LS3 & HPT before but LS7 is no go even after many tries

Potential Tuner
    I also need a CASE relearn on my crate LS7 2008 engine. It is controlled by a GMPP controller E67, (or E68?). The fuel cut-out function is connected to the ECU, but no brake or park-brake signals as the engine is fitted into a 1969 Corvette.

Does anybody know if I am able to complete the LS7 CASE relearn on my HP Tuners having a GMPP controller, or do I have to visit a GM dealer w/ a Tech II ?

When it doesn't work for me it is usually because the idle tps position is to high because of cam and such. I don't know if that is something they can fix without an os patch unless the "tps to high" is generated from inside the scanner. I'll assume its not.

Not sure about with a retro fit setup not having the required inputs. I've made temp changes like setting the tune to manual so it dosen't look for park or jumped brake wires at the pcm to get GenIII retrofits to pass and do the relearn. Don't know enough about what the GENIV looks for to tell you what to do.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks. I`ll have a go at the CASE learn procedure and post the result. Wanted to clear all DTCs before Dyno test/tuning next week. I think the GMPP engine controller is specially calibrated to run the LS7 without some of the production-vehicle features that aren't required in an old school vehicle. This to be confirmed ..

Potential Tuner
    Tried to perform a case relearn couple days back on a friends E40. Wouldn't work because TPS too high. Is there a fix coming up?!?

I also have EFILive that I use for my own E38, no problems with that.