Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Logging AFR

Tuner
    Ok I got the histrograms working but don't know if they are right ? Also figured out my gauge display, I'm learning slowly but surely, Here's a quick scan tried to post the scan but the file is to big, invalid file csv. do I export the file, and to where?

Save the scan/log as a .HPL.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Let's try this

The thing about using user defined PIDs is that they are not contained in the config. So their not easily portable. Since I don't have your user defined PIDs in my scanner I can't see any AFR related data in this log. It makes it tough to share logs, thats the price we pay for going cheap. Maybe some screenshots of the chart and/or dashboard?
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    here is some screen shots, I don't no why i didn't get the pro-version

Few things:

I'm seeing STFTs and LTFTs. You need to disable closed loop if you haven't already. Then clear fuel trims via VCM controls.

Are you making changes to the MAF table or VE table? If VE have you disabled the MAF?

Are you still seeing that when you make changes it's making things wtorse? You may try starting with a brand new fresh config.

Can you explain step by step what you're doing?
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    Not sure I'm following you, No I did not disable closed loop I thought It was for SD tuning, I did do the write up on how to tune VE. I think it was posted over in Performance trucks.com, Truck seem's to running fine, I just don't want to run to lean and hurt the motor, Tried to put my mods in my signature, I have a 03 silverado ss AWD, pacesetter LTs,high flow mangnaflow cats,50 serie's flowmaster dual in dual out muffler,2800 vigante TC,trans-go hd-2 shift kit with servo's,bm trans cooler,GM eletric fans+ harness+145 amp alt.,Vio CAI with custom ram-duct,Talor wires, tr55 plugs,160 thermostat. (Are you still seeing that when you make changes it's making things wtorse) (seeing what?) Here's a scan of one of the last 1/4 mile run's I did.(if it works) I ran a 13.9 three times in a row. Talk to you later, Chris Oh and it is a 2600 stall converter and also i notice I see my signature
    Last edited by cgoodwrench; 12-12-2007 at 06:44 PM.
    03 Silverado SS AWD,Voliant CAI, Custom ram-air, Pacsetter LT's, MagnaFlow High Flow Cat's, TransGo Shift Kit with Servos, GM E-Fans with GM Wire Harnness, Delphi 145 Amp Alt, 160 T-Stat, Flow Master 50 series Muffler, BM trans cooler, Vigilante 2600 Stall Converter, Gator-back Belts, MSD Wires, PLX Wideband,44# delphi injectors, Comp cam 220,224 566 568 113 LSA, Comp Double Roller Timming Chain, Ls6 Valve Springs, Comp Hardened Push Rods, HP Tuning, Best 1/4 [email protected] MPH.

All wide band tuning needs to be done in open loop. You need to see the raw, uncorrected air/fuel error without the PCM correcting for it so you can make the corrections to the airflow tables. Open loop is not specific to VE or MAF tuning. Open loop=O2 sensor input is ignored, Closed loop=O2 sensor input drives fueling changes (fuel trims) to correct for error. SD=Airflow is calculated based on the numbers in the VE table, MAF=Airflow is measured by the MAF. OL/CL is totally independent of SD/MAF. You can have any combination of the 4. OL-MAF, OL-SD, CL-MAF, CL-SD.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    I was wondering why in each scan, it was like the same change in number's,do I turn off the enable temps for closed loop, and do the ve table again, did that scan work for you?
    03 Silverado SS AWD,Voliant CAI, Custom ram-air, Pacsetter LT's, MagnaFlow High Flow Cat's, TransGo Shift Kit with Servos, GM E-Fans with GM Wire Harnness, Delphi 145 Amp Alt, 160 T-Stat, Flow Master 50 series Muffler, BM trans cooler, Vigilante 2600 Stall Converter, Gator-back Belts, MSD Wires, PLX Wideband,44# delphi injectors, Comp cam 220,224 566 568 113 LSA, Comp Double Roller Timming Chain, Ls6 Valve Springs, Comp Hardened Push Rods, HP Tuning, Best 1/4 [email protected] MPH.

I looked at the log but I can't see your AFR because I don't have your custom PIDs.

You can either max out the CL ECT table and O2 readiness table or use VCM Controls to turn off closed loop, fuel trim learn off and reset the fuel trims.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    After i disable closed loop,then redo ve table,just want to make sure i'm doing this right. then do the MAF, do i reenable closed loop when I'm done?I've seen the write up you did the other day, so I will flow that. OH and the scan I showed you, I didn't have the AFR working, so if post one with it working will you see it then, sorry if I'm making this difficult talk to you later

Yes, disable closed loop, redo the VE, enable the MAF, tune the MAF.

Not sure if I'll see the AFR in the log but it can't hurt to see.
    Bill Winters