Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logging AFR

Tuner

Logging AFR

I'm trying to log my afr threw my egr and i cannot figure out the afr error, it go's to unsupported parameters, when i connect to vechicle, It is a 03 silverado ss, My egr volt's work and in the histogram it logs afr but all zero's. I attach a screen shot of the function string, Is this the prolbem, I follewed the write up in the I/O section, please can some help out, I cannot upload the file it is to big, the function string i used is 100*[user 9005]-[sens.121/[sens.121]

Tuner
    here is the config file

No Config attached. Are you logging commanded AFR? Also, I have run into problems in the past trying to reference user defined PIDs from other user defined PIDs. Is it your user PID for AFR thats not working or your user PID for AFR error? Or both?

Also note that user defined PIDs are not contained in the config files so you should also attach screenshots of your user PIDs.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Yes I'm logging commannand AFR hi resolution,It is My user pid for AFR ratio that is not working, I still cannot figure out how to post a screen shot,the file is always too big over 1.00 mb.

ALT-PrtSc, paste into MS Paint, shrink, save as JPG.

Still not config file.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    Let's see if this works, I have change the User 9005 pid to the afr error that was already program into the scanner but have not tried it yet. and i do not se a shrik button in paint

Tuner
    here's another shot

Get rid of the built in AFR Error PID, no need to log it, HPT will not recognize it when piping the WB through the EGR or AC. Also you don't need to add your user defined PIDs to the table so long as you're logging the built in PIDs they reference (EGR and commanded AFR). No need to log fuel trims since you will be in open loop.

You'll have to report back how it worked without using the user defined PID but what you have there doesnt make sense. You're calling user.9005 from the 5th user defined PID. Thats a circular reference. You should be referencing user.9004 or user.9007 if anything. I'd like to see screenshots of those too. I can't remember if they fixed calling user defined PIDs from other user defined PIDs so I just put the whole equation in each one. So for my AEM WB I have "[PID.7101]/.5+9.8" where pid.7101 is the AC pressure PID. Make sure you define the WB PID as an air fuel ratio sensor. Then my user defined AFR error PID is "(([PID.7101]/.5+9.8)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]*100".
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    Well I'm really lost But i did finally get a reading, I tried the 9007 and then the 9004 pids, and got a reading on the 9044,But still no WB reading, I just cannot grasp this, and i really would like to thank you for your help, I think I'm close, Just bear with me. Hers's a quick scan

Tuner
    Wrong one I think this is it

I need your config to help out more as well as screenshots of the WBEGR and PLX user PIDs.

You only need two PIDs, one for the actual AFR through the EGR and one to take that AFR and compare it to the commanded AFR because the built in AFR Error doesn't work for us.

Some good reading here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...hlight=formula
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    is this what you are loking for, not sure how to post the whole configuration file, man this is getting complcated.

Tuner
    that didn't work got to got to go work I will try when i get home, if i don't throw this computer in the trash LOL

Whatever config (abcd.cfg) is listed at the top of the scanner, attach that file. Then screenshot all your user defnied PIDs. Did you read the thread I linked to above?
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    hope this what you are lokking for

Yea, thats what I need. And, yea, this aint gonna work as it sits right now.

Change the function string in WBEGR to:

[PID.2811]/.625+10

Change the function string in the EGR AFR Error PID to:

(([PID.2811]/.625+10)-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]*100

Copy and paste these exactly.

Once it's working we can work on the histos.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    Ok got that to work, But the reading is a little off than my actual gauge, about 1.4 lower than my gauge, and in the gauge display it is like 10.00, thanks again for helping and i owe you some

You need to verify your equation. The WB AFR equation looks like this:

volts / (voltage range/Device range) + (Minimum value of device range)=AFR

This breaks down as follows:
    Volts= Incoming voltage reading, typically between 0-5 VDC.
    Voltage Range= Range of sensor, typically 5
    Device Range= Range of AFR that your instrument is set to read. For example if you setup an LC-1 to read 10-20 AFR, then the range would be 10, I think the PLX is 10-20 but you need to verify. If so then the .625 in your equation is wrong.
    Min. device range= Lowest AFR reading of device. In the example above it is 10.

So verify thay your equation is right. Once you know it's right if you're still off due to voltage offset then tweak the +10 up or down.
    Bill Winters

Tuner
    I thought my gauge read from 10-18 afr, but it is a 10-20, seems to be really close, but my gauge display is still off by 10, I change the pid from .625 to .5I will have more time to mess with it tommorrow, why wouldn't it work the other way, I followed the write up posted by sikhabib? now to work on the histo-grams, here's what hve so far

The histo for AFR may work because your custom PID for your WB is defined as an AFR sensor, but the AFR Error histo you have will not work. As discussed above the built in AFR Error PID will not work for wide bands piped through EGR or AC pressure sensors, thats why you had to create the custom AFR Error PID, so use it. Use the custom PIDs rather than the built in PIDs for anything having to do with AFR. You need to get the equation right.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 12-08-2007 at 03:53 PM.
    Bill Winters