Thread: Changing Injector Sizes On 07 GT

Tuner

Changing Injector Sizes On 07 GT

This may be a dumb question but when changing the injector size there is a spot for High requested flow rate and low requested flow rate, ( I am going off o memory so please forgive me if that is not the actual parameter name). Are these values the flow rates from the manufacturer of the injector?

Its a unit of measure that multiplies out to some real flow rate. There are a bunch of other values that need to be changed when you swap injectors, bat and pressure comp stuff.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp

Tuner
    Ok so lets say i was going to put 42# injectors in what would i need to change the injector rate to in the program?

me too i tryed the 63#injector
    Saoud bin ajail
    Dubai p.o.box :24687
    United Arab Emirates
    Moblie:+971507744161
    WhatsApp:+971509345593
    [email protected]

The hi and lo slopes, the breakpoint, minimum pulsewidth as well as the things Justin mentioned.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blazenstyle01 View Post
    Ok so lets say i was going to put 42# injectors in what would i need to change the injector rate to in the program?
    I would suggest you use the GT500 injectors, but they are shorter, so you'll need to deal with that. Your other option is using the Terminator ('03-'04 Cobra) injectors, as they will plug-n-play. You can get the values for them here:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/ics/m-9593-m39.pdf

HOWEVER! It is VERY important you read my post here to understand what is going on with the format of the values:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...21&postcount=7

Yes, my post is for the 60s, but ignore that fact and just consider what I said about the decimal placement.

If you insist on using the Ford 42s (green-tops, that came in the Lightning), well, here ya go:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...-9593-f302.pdf

FYI, those injectors will NOT plug-n-play (different connectors).

Note: I can't vouch for Ford Racing's Terminator nor Lightning values, as I have not tried them. Most all us Ford tuners just take the factory values Ford used in the Terminator and Lightning calibrations. Ford Racing and Ford do not necessarily use the same calibration/testing departments, FYI. And, what comes up on a flow bench test does not necessarily correspond to exactly what a production car will use once they are installed and ran. Parameter tweaks are often made once they are on the car and re-tested. Ford likely takes and tests a ton of injectors, with the same part #, and comes up with the best range that'll work for any variances in production tolerances. I doubt Ford Racing took the time to do that.

Also note, Ford's factory calibration data for the Terminator "39s" has them flowing 40.0794x, whereas Ford Racing has them at 40.0788x (basically identical), and Ford's factory calibration data for the Lightning "42s" has them flowing 40.6803x, whereas Ford Racing has them at 43.0092x. Odd, huh?
    Last edited by RWTD; 12-04-2008 at 04:23 AM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Yes it is odd, unless they bat comp table is somehow different and that effects it, I don't have the stuff in front of me to look that up though.
    Justin Starkey
    Ford and GM custom tuning
    Mobile Dynojet 224xLC
    www.VMPTuning.com
    2006 F250 CC 6.0L 14.3@92
    2006 Mustang 4.0L Vortech 15psi 395rwhp wife's car
    2000 Mustang 3.8L TT [email protected] 450rwhp