Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: connecting PLX WB through egr DIALUP BEWARE

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    All four of those sensors are ahead of the cats. Not sure why there are two narrow bands in there but you only need one.
    Bill;

I looked at that last night and it looks to me like the cats have been removed and those are resonators.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Yea it looks like test pipes to me but there are some cat-like things just behind that and mufflers way at the back. Doesn't really matter as there is nothing ahead of all four of the sensors in the pic.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

I got ya, could be and it doesn't really matter, but resonators are usually separated from the mufflers just like that and I couldn't see any rear 02 bungs or sensors.

BJK
    Last edited by 07MontRedcp; 04-04-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Tuner in Training
    i am trying to hook up a wide band to my mpvi unit, i have the zd2 controller any advice there?

Hey all, I will be doing this very project next Monday. Thought I might spare myself a hassle by asking what the pin numbers are for the EGR connection and narrowband o2 on the 2000 WS6 PCM. I plan to cut and splice in close to the PCM so it should even be good that the car already has wires in the EGR hole, and it just seems to make sense for removal to make the cut closer to the PCM for the narrowband o2 sim because it's a drier area and the wire and tape won't look as redneck there.

Just read the OP's PCM was introduced in the F-Bodies in 2001 somewhere.

Tuner in Training
    The '04 GTO has 2 sets of cats..... main cats up front, then secondary cats. The post cat 02's are shown in the pics. GM lists the rear ones as cats, even though some people claim they are not. My 04 still has all 4 (waiting on cat-less mids to go with my shorties, or to finish my turbo setup.... which ever comes first).
    Brian
    SpdRcrZ
    SloGoat
    '02 Turbo LD9 Z24 [email protected] 420whp@15psi
    '96 Turbo W41 Z24 13.22 @ 108.94 11psi
    '04 LS1 GTO 13.7

Advanced Tuner
    From the factory my car had 2 cats just after the manifolds and only 2 pre cat o2 sensors. When i installed the turbos i removed the stock cats and got a custom exhaust made up with a couple of bungs on each bank so i could move my wideband around.

All sensors should go after the turbo and BEFORE the cats. the round things just after the narrow band sensors are after market cats, the only thing in front of all the sensors in the turbo.

i was running 2 wideband sensors and Open Loop when i took that pic. The front 2 sensors on each side are for the widebands and the rear 2 are where the stock narrowbands go (the left side one is missing and i have a nut plugging the hole - OL)

Hope this clears things up.
    Last edited by sikhabib; 03-15-2015 at 06:05 AM.
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Tuner in Training
    I am working on setting up the PID's, and am having a hard time reading the function string. I have tried to open the attached file, but with no luck.

I am setting up my SM-AFR GEN 4 Unit in a C5 Z06.

Thanks in advance!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidforce917 View Post
    I am working on setting up the PID's, and am having a hard time reading the function string. I have tried to open the attached file, but with no luck.

I am setting up my SM-AFR GEN 4 Unit in a C5 Z06.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    old post, but great write up.

i have mine set up, but only want to hook it up to HP Tuners on the green plug on the side?

How do i do this to get it to read into HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie View Post
    old post, but great write up.

i have mine set up, but only want to hook it up to HP Tuners on the green plug on the side?

How do i do this to get it to read into HP?
    I answered your other post... not complicated though. Just connect the 0-5V wideband output to input 1 on the interface.

Follow how to's in this thread to walk you through making the wideband readings display:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...tarted-Threads
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock