Thread: Shift light adjustment doesn't work

Shift light adjustment doesn't work

BTW, I'm less than an hour from Trenton, so if you'd like me to stop by and demonstrate this I can show you.

The lamp RPM is the engine overspeed lamp which may or may not work in your application.

I will add the shift lite parameters in a future release, they are seperate.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks! Let me know if you need a beta tester for this.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    The lamp RPM is the engine overspeed lamp which may or may not work in your application.

Chris...
    Ah good to know, I was wondering about this. It will be a nice addition.

Potential Tuner
    So, has this been added yet?

Advanced Tuner
    good question

Anything? Sure would be nice if this worked.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post

Chris...

Been almost a year since this post, any closer to having this work on the 2006 GTO's?

Advanced Tuner
    I dont think it's ever going to work on GTO's as the shift light is disabled within the gauge cluster.
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 1LT RS

Formerly - 2004 GTO, 2002 Z28, 2007 Colorado, 2008 Silverado

Tuner

Chris...
    Are we any closer to getting this in the next release, please????????
    I have a stick car and it would so help..........

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod_R View Post
    Are we any closer to getting this in the next release, please????????
    I have a stick car and it would so help..........
    This isn't going to get in any release (for GTOs at least). You have to reprogram the gauge cluster not the ECM/TCM.

Tuner

Chris...
    One can hope anyway........

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6pt0 View Post
    This isn't going to get in any release (for GTOs at least). You have to reprogram the gauge cluster not the ECM/TCM.
    Just found out from someone who had it done at a track day. The guy who does the shift light programing hooked up to the same OBD2 port we hook hptuners to and made the shift light work on this guys GTO. So it is something the HPT guys cound make show up in the parameters for us. It doesnt have to be done by the gauge cluster only.

Potential Tuner
    Regarding 05 GTO gauge cluster shift light activation. (M6)

Ok, I've searched for info on the gauge cluster shift light on the 05 GTO, and it brought me to this 5 year old post . If the shift light can be activated through the OBD2 port as per the post above, I'm assuming the person that's doing this has a GM factory device like a tech2 or something. If that's the case, why can't this feature be activated in HP tuners, or maybe it already has and I'm late to the party....lol. Does anyone have more info on this ?

I can see 2 places in HPT that are related to the tachometer. Are there more settings that I'm missing ?

1/ Engine > general > tach output: what should this be set for ? factory setting is tach type - frequency, resolution hi - 2, resolution low - 2

2/ Engine > fuel > cutoff, dfco > misc > lamp rpm > 6600

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll check it out.