Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car is leaning out??

Tuner in Training

Question car is leaning out??

ok guys im having a issue with my car. its a 97 Z24 5spd. i put a t3 42/48 turbo on it with 2.5 in piping. im running 35 lb injectors . and have an adjustible fpr. and now currently have hptuner. i cant get this thing to run at all.. ive been messing round with the tables and still nothing. it makes no sense to me . it goes from being 10.000 rich to 18 lean 1st and 2nd are rich once imin third as soon as i push the gas my wideband goes directly to 18.0 and it starts popping and spuddering. if i take it slow up in the rpm anything above 3200 it leans out. this makes no sense to me im delivering fuel to the rail it starts off too rich then goes hardcore lean>? if anybody could help id greatly appreciate it . im so lost. and just need this thing to run propperly

Tuner in Training
    please guys some help here im lost

Try posting a tune and log file. Gotta give the guys who might be able to help you something to look at.

2005 Grand Prix GXP - 5.3 LS4 - HP Tuned, MF catback, 1.8 rockers, K&N, Some day I'll finish putting the LS6 intake on

Tuner in Training

car wont run right

ok heres a copy of my tuning so far. i have the car running great up until 1/2 throttle and or 3800 rpm once i hit that even takingit slow it starts popping a spuddering and leans all the way out. in running a 42/48 set at 10 lbs. 350 cc injectors. and a adj fpr. set at 55 psi. and it doesnt budge but maybe to 52-53 at wot. once it starts spuddering the fuel pressure acutally goes up to 55. in so lost and i need to get this thing running right . asap

Tuner in Training
    anybody??

Tuner in Training
    K i looked over your hpt file and...

First of ALL, you didnt even adjust your injector constant.. what size were your stock injectors?

Second of all, your graphs are all straight acorss, thats gonna be too rich on the low side and too lean on the high side when the turbo kicks in..

Think about this, it goes lean because around 3200 rpm thats where your turbo kicks in and start to create boost and therefore you need to add EXTRA fuel once your turbo kicks in, when does your turbo kicks in?

It starts out rich and you need to lean out the lower rpms..

Do you have the stock 02 sensor in or did you take it out?

Did you even read this?
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5573
    Last edited by Lefix; 11-25-2007 at 02:37 PM.

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Tuner in Training
    ok i changed from stock to a heated 02. yes i read that. heres a updated tune i did on my car today havent had a change to run it yet its pouring down outside. wat do you think? if you can help i would greatly appreciate it

Since your fueling is map based, install a 2 bar map sensor. Then you will have change the VE tables; copy the 40 kpa row to the 20 kpa row, 60 kpa row to the 30 kpa row, 80 kpa row to the 40 kpa row and the 100 kpa row to the 50 kpa row. Then add 25% to the 100 kpa row & interpolate between the 50 kpa & 100 kpa rows. This will be a starting point.

The spark tables need to be changed the same way. Note that you will lose a lot of resolution, but there are no other options (2 bar OS) for your car.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    why are you running 55psi static fuel pressure? adjust the fuel pressure down to factory spec. i believe its 43psi. you dont need to increase the staic fuel pressure because you installed bigger injectors. adjust your power enrich tables when boost kicks in to the desired afr.

Tuner in Training

car leaning out

ok i bought a 2 bar map today part number SU316 from autozone 50 bux. and i have it wired. havnt taken the car out yet. ok attached is what my car is set at. after doing the 2 bar map. from explained here on the site. it is labeld <my Z now> .
    and my stock setting is attached also and is labled <pj's z24>

if you could look over this i would appreciate it and please let me know if i need to do any changes. also i lowered my fuel pressure to 43-44psi.

Please post your stock tune. The my z now .hpt tune that you just posted is the same as the my z now .hpt tune that
    you posted on 11-26-07. Your VE & some spark tables are still not set up right.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    acutally this isthe same tune. and this is how i tuned it on the 26th. thats when . i did the 2 bar tune. on it. i never ran it yet. bc i didnt have the 2 bar sensor yet. i jus want to make sure its set up right. and the stock tune is under Pj Z24 the only thing that was changed in that one was my inj. const. and saved like that.

so as of today at this exact time . the file My Z now is what it has in it. so if i need changes i would greatly apprecate the help.

Tuner in Training

just my 02

Quote Originally Posted by kikinz24
    ok i bought a 2 bar map today part number SU316 from autozone 50 bux. and i have it wired. havnt taken the car out yet. ok attached is what my car is set at. after doing the 2 bar map. from explained here on the site. it is labeld <my Z now> .
    and my stock setting is attached also and is labled <pj's z24>

if you could look over this i would appreciate it and please let me know if i need to do any changes. also i lowered my fuel pressure to 43-44psi.
    Im no tuner but I will tell you this.....if your maf wasnt maxed out I wouldnt go 2 bar....if you go 2 bar get a pro to tune it because its very involved which is why they charge upwards of 700 to 1000 to get it right....its difficult and takes lots of time to do it right and its done on a dyno with a wideband.
    Thats just me...dont flame me...hell you might be bright enough to pull it off no prob....good luck.
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Tuner in Training
    my vehicle doesnt have a maf. sensor . thats y it wont max out. i was told from quite a few ppl i need to do a 2 bar fake and buy a 2 bar sensor . im just trying to get a little help with this

Tuner in Training

ok

Quote Originally Posted by kikinz24
    my vehicle doesnt have a maf. sensor . thats y it wont max out. i was told from quite a few ppl i need to do a 2 bar fake and buy a 2 bar sensor . im just trying to get a little help with this
    Well then now you see why Im not a tuner! Sorry dude....my bad.
    02 EB Mod Red, Forged 402, Ported Fast 90 & Ported 90 TB, CNC Heads, Built MN6 trans, Built Diff, DTE, Pfadt Trans Brace, Pfadt Motor Mounts, STS TT (Garrett GT32 turbos) @ 11lbs, STS air bridge, Tial BOV, Tial ext wastegate, FMIC, HP Tuners, K&N, B&M shifter, boost gauge on A-pillar panel, 60lb injectors, Racetronix fuel pump and Boost-A-Pump

Tuner in Training
    its cool i jus wish someone who is a pro would actually help a learner on either here or the j body site

Make the changes as shown. Note that I changed the PE spark table and the Idle base spark table, copy the high octane tables to the low. No need to worry about the alcohol tables. Also set the PE delay to 0 rpm, and the base AFR to 12.0. And change the PE multiplier table to 1.0. The DFCO needs to be disabled while tuning the AFR.

The EGR max rpm should be 0 to disable the EGR. Why do you have values in the trans tables when the car is a 5 spd?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    ok i did as you showed in the attachemnts my question is what do i do about the hgh octane and low octane? leave them the same as i have them???? and honestly i dnt know why my first has trans values. i put them all to zero because my car is 5 spd .

Copy your high octane table as is to the low octane table. Make the changes to the PE high octane table & copy it to the PE low octane table.

Russ Kemp

Why do you have values in the trans tables when the car is a 5 spd?
    My car is a 5 speed and it has data in the auto trans section.