Thread: Tuning 97 LT1 OBDII?????

Tuning 97 LT1 OBDII?????

I have purchased Hptuner about 8 months ago to tune my 02 LS1 camaro,,,but I also have a 97 LT1 camaro I would like to play with.
    Is this software I have capable? I know the 97 is OBDII but the connector is slightly different.
    Do I simply need a different cable or completely different software? Is this even offered? Thanks Larry.

LT1's are not supported. However basic scanning (generic OBDII) seems to work OK.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Any plans to support them sometime in the future? If not,,,any other suggestions for software tuning?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones
    Any plans to support them sometime in the future? If not,,,any other suggestions for software tuning?
    A lot of people (including me) would love to have support for the LT1, but I believe that HP Tuners decided that there would not be enough demand to make it profitable for them to offer it. It's a shame, because the LT1 seems a lot less straightforward to me than the later LS1 stuff. Tunerpro and Tunercat both offer software for these ecu's, if you didn't know that already.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Thanks,,,,Ya I had used tunercat when I was tuning my 88 Iroc a few years ago,,,,,believe I bought that stuff from Moates....guess he is still around selling this stuff?

I understand your pain, although I believe there are plenty of LT1 people around that would love to have a user friendly software package like HPtuners. One reason I was so attracted to it. I would rather have HPtuner software but I have to go with whats available I guess.
    It's all about making money I guess,,,too bad.

just got tuner cat.. hp tuner is way better come guys throw a dog a bone here.....

Quote Originally Posted by banditlt4
    just got tuner cat.. hp tuner is way better come guys throw a dog a bone here.....
    its too bad but they are moving forward instead of backward in year modles. i think everyone over 25 who has an ls1 knows or has an lt car they'd like to tune
    98 Z28m6,ramVDS,lakewood LCA,sphon SFC,NOS 125shot,HPtuned LQ4.045milled heads,224/228 581/588 comp cam,fast toys lid,ported 85maf,ls6 intake,long tubes with custom exhaust