Thread: TPI Conversion

Potential Tuner

TPI Conversion

I have a 1994 Chevy truck with a 5.7 and Im trying to gather all the files for tuning it because im doing a TPI conversion and Im trying to find out all the things that have to be modded on the computer. I know you have to install a jumper on the memcal, but I dont know what all has to be changed as far as tuning goes because the only write-up shows 7.4 tuning values. I just need some basics to get my motor up and running with a TPI tune since it has a 4l60e. There are alot of factors to be changed because it isnt stock, Like I said I just need a base file to get me running and then i can actually tune. This is all kinda new to me as far as TPI tuning with a TBI ECM and .bin file.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred2004
    I have a 1994 Chevy truck with a 5.7 and Im trying to gather all the files for tuning it because im doing a TPI conversion and Im trying to find out all the things that have to be modded on the computer. I know you have to install a jumper on the memcal, but I dont know what all has to be changed as far as tuning goes because the only write-up shows 7.4 tuning values. I just need some basics to get my motor up and running with a TPI tune since it has a 4l60e. There are alot of factors to be changed because it isnt stock, Like I said I just need a base file to get me running and then i can actually tune. This is all kinda new to me as far as TPI tuning with a TBI ECM and .bin file.
    The info in this link http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9228 was created for the heavy duty trucks using 7.4/4L80E. No clue on the 5.7/4L60E you have, but I think the first year for that was the LT1. Visit the guys on thirdgen.org for more info.

-Ken

Potential Tuner
    Thanks man, thats the write up I read last night. I was just trying to see if that same jumper idea was needed on a 5.7.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred2004
    Thanks man, thats the write up I read last night. I was just trying to see if that same jumper idea was needed on a 5.7.

Yeah. The jumper controls the injector timing per distributor reference pulse.

-Ken