Thread: EGR spark advance correction...

EGR spark advance correction...

LQ9 6.0, 2004 Silverado SS.

I started poking around with my timing. I noticed a rather large "hole" in my HO timing table. As seen here.

Today I noticed the EGR spark advance correction table, looking like it's adding timing in the area of the hole in the HO timing table. EGR spark table.

I do not have EGR in the truck. Never came with it from the factory. Therefore EGR is disabled under the "General" tab, with the bone-stock .bin.

Is this table there to add timing in for my lack of EGR?

Would there be any reason why I can't just overlay these values on top of my standard HO and LO timing tables, and zero out this table?

Just trying to keep it simple.

Thanks.

\'04 Silverado SS. (6.0L, 10:1, 4.10\'s) Dynatech headers and cats, B&B cat-back, plugs + wires, VHP 210/218 .531/.531 112, VHP 1.89 rockers (.562\").

Potential Tuner

any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by marc_w View Post
    LQ9 6.0, 2004 Silverado SS.

I started poking around with my timing. I noticed a rather large "hole" in my HO timing table. As seen here.

Today I noticed the EGR spark advance correction table, looking like it's adding timing in the area of the hole in the HO timing table. EGR spark table.

I do not have EGR in the truck. Never came with it from the factory. Therefore EGR is disabled under the "General" tab, with the bone-stock .bin.

Is this table there to add timing in for my lack of EGR?

Would there be any reason why I can't just overlay these values on top of my standard HO and LO timing tables, and zero out this table?

Just trying to keep it simple.

Thanks.
    Working on an off road truck and trying to figure out this same issue if anyone could please help. I am new to this and dont wanna mess it up

Quote Originally Posted by johnathon281 View Post
    Working on an off road truck and trying to figure out this same issue if anyone could please help. I am new to this and dont wanna mess it up
    It's only been 19 years 6 months, give it time