Thread: Class 2 loss of communication???

Class 2 loss of communication???

I keep getting a Class 2 loss of communication with the vcm on the 2000 firehawk that I am tuning. Any clue what could be causing this? We just replaced the motor, and had the computer out of the car and all of the wiring harness too. The car is running fine. Is there any way to reset those codes, or will they just eventually go away. Also, we don't have the front brake lines on yet, so the ABS INOP light is on. Would that cause the service engine light to come on also? The SES light is not on.
    98 F150

Usually those arrive when you program the PCM. Nothing to worry about as they will clear eventually.

If you had the key on with the electronics disconnected from the brakes, you will get ABS codes. They should go away after you drive it.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Sweet! Thanks for the help. I was starting to get worried.
    98 F150

I get the same error on my 02 Firehawk. I've somewhat ignored it though. Everything seems to be running normal otherwise.
    2002 Trans Am Firehawk Canadian #C029
    SLP DD Bolt-on Subframe Connectors; SLP Loudmouth Exhaust; SLP Bellows; Hotchkis Strut Brace; Powerslot rotors and Hawk Performance Brake Pads; Lou's Short Stick; !TCS; !CAGS; HP Tuners Programming