Thread: LC1 and HPT help needed - I'm ALMOST there...

Advanced Tuner

LC1 and HPT help needed - I'm ALMOST there...

I think I'm close but still not quite there in terms of getting my LC-1, AF gauge and HPT all working together. Here's my current situation:

While the car is running the AF guage does show a value but it fluctuates around 10 and occasionally drops below that. I used a custom PID in the scanner program using the 6.25 + 10 calculation and the AF value shown on my laptop is pretty steady around 10.3 give or take a few points.

I talked to my tuner but he was more familiar with the LM-1 connection. He did however say that the AF guage should be reading around 14 while the car is idling.

I have the yellow LC-1 wire going to the input wire of the AF gauge and the brown wire to pin #1 of the EIO.

I know that I did forget two things but aren't sure how critical they are:

1) I didn't do a free-air calibration as it was pretty late last night when I hooked it up.

2) I haven't programmed the LC-1 using the supplied software from Innovate.

So...my questions are as follows:

1) How critical are these two steps are in getting accurate values from both the AF gauge and on the HPT scanner?

2) Do I need a custom PID or can I use the one that already comes with the HPT scanner software?

3) Did I forget to do one or more additional steps?

Thanks in advance,
    Christopher

Tuner in Training
    I beleive that the 6.25 you stated should be .625 ( 5/8 ). That assumes that you are setting the LC1 to 10-18 AFR.

If you have not programed the LC1 yet, I beleive that it comes set for 8 - 22 AFR or something like that.

Here is the equation assuming a voltage range of 5 volts and the AFR range set to 10 -18.

volts / (voltage range/device range ) + minimum device reading
    PID / ( 5 / ( 18-10 )) + 10
    PID / .625 + 10

Reb
    Last edited by robertearl; 09-30-2007 at 08:35 PM.

I have mine hooked up the same as you, i got my gauge from dyno tune and they did a free air calibration at the shop so i don't know how that'd be affecting you. All i did was use the supplied wideband lc1 pid and everything matches beautifully, i didnt have to change any equations or anything.

So you have an analog output from the LC-1 going to your gauge and you have an analog output going to HPT. You would probably need to program the LC-1 in LM programmer to output the correct amount of voltage so that you can correctly log wideband readings in HPT. I'm still working on this myself. I have an LC-1/DB gauge and HPT pro.

Advanced Tuner
    I tried reprogramming the first analog output but couldn't get it to work properly. It's probably something simple that I'm missing so I'll probably try it again this weekend.