Thread: Getting ready for first wideband scan but have a couple of questions.

Advanced Tuner

Getting ready for first wideband scan but have a couple of questions.

I just finished wiring up my LC-1 and am about to make my first wideband scan.

The guy who's been helping me with my tune said that before I do a WOT scan, there were a few values I needed to change in the scanner program first. One of which was something about disabling the stock 02 sensors but since I was on my cell phone at time we were talking, I didn't have a chance to write anything down.

Does anybody know what I need to change and/or set in the scanner program to do a proper wideband scan?

Thanks in advance,
    Christopher

You can do it in the scanner or in your tune. Now that you're tuning with the WB you don't want the narrow band O2 sensors telling the PCM that the mixture is too lean or too rich and the PCM compensating with fuel trims (closed loop). You want the PCM to do exactly what you're telling it to do; nothing more, nothing less (open loop). So depending on what vehicle you have there are different ways to disable closed loop. Post your tune and someone can help. It usually involves maxing out the O2 readiness check table and/or ECT VS Startup ECT table to disable closed loop in the tune. You can also disable closed loop and fuel trims with the VCM Controls in the scanner. Don't forget to clear fuel trims before you start. If you're in open loop they should stay at zero once you clear them.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game