Thread: fuel rail pressure wont stop rising after supercharger install!!goes past 3000

Tuner in Training

fuel rail pressure wont stop rising after supercharger install!!goes past 3000

Screenshot (18).png installed a centrifugal supercharger, now the car cant regulate the fuel pressure, over 10 minutes the rail goes past 3500psi! causing major issues in stop and go traffic
    Last edited by iceman321; 02-14-2022 at 09:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Who?s tune is it? It?s true that with 0% gdi blend the rail pressire will creep up either due to thermal expansion or non-zero gdi pump flow. However, the ecm is supposed to cycle the gdi blend periodically to relieve this pressure. If it doesn?t, then something is wrong in the tune. I think I?ve seen this depressure parameter defined in the stock tune, but not my own strategy.

An easy answer is to command at least 5% gdi rather than 0%. This isn?t really the right answer though, if the depressive cycle isn?t working.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you Adjust PI-DI blending ramps or change Max PI-DI pressures above 3,000? can you post tune file?

I had the di pi adjusted improperly. thanks. it drove well but I switched to a return style system so I could run e85.