Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 60lb Inj. Problem

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown View Post
    The 79# Racetronix do the same thing but worse.
    Nobody has any info on the set up anywhere. Tried using the 60# specs and it still miss fires at idle/off idle and has no power. I was better off with 102% DC on the last injectors.

I feel as though I own the only set of 79# injectors in the North American continent; or at least know ones talking
    Same for me, I have only used two sets of them but have had no issues with them.

Advanced Tuner
    i just put in 60lb siemans and changed ifr to match from redhardtopsupra calculator. started right up, idle good and i drove in my neighborhood 15mph or so and all seems fine. i'll drive it more next week and report back. so far no issues.
    2002 6.6 TR6060 ZO6 (520Whp)
    2014 Audi S7 (730whp)

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone gone through all of this for the 42lb injectors at 58psi.
    I'm currently re-visiting my 'guessed' injector settings and would really like to know the correct numbers if they're available?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by maxgee View Post
    i just put in 60lb siemans and changed ifr to match from redhardtopsupra calculator. started right up, idle good and i drove in my neighborhood 15mph or so and all seems fine. i'll drive it more next week and report back. so far no issues.
    reporting back..
    all is good except for idle...too rich
    worked some of the injectors tables and the best i can get the AFR is high 12s and low 13s. Sometimes it goes up to 14s than drops back down.
    i'm trying to figure it out, if you have suggestions, let me know.
    2002 6.6 TR6060 ZO6 (520Whp)
    2014 Audi S7 (730whp)

Senior Tuner
    Everyone:

FYI, Greg Banish has the proper and correct 60# injector values for a GM. He calculated these on his own, derived from the data from Ford Racing, through a pretty intense spreadsheet he made. Yes, they are spot on, and work perfectly. If you ask him nicely enough, he may be willing to share them. No, I'm not at liberty to pass them out, so please ask him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by maxgee View Post
    reporting back..
    all is good except for idle...too rich
    worked some of the injectors tables and the best i can get the AFR is high 12s and low 13s. Sometimes it goes up to 14s than drops back down.
    i'm trying to figure it out, if you have suggestions, let me know.
    If it's right after a crank, it could be the same thing that Greg has encountered as well (Evap Purge Flow Control). It's is actually a simple fix, and it's something that Greg has asked HPT to add in for quite some time. If we had this, there wouldn't be an issue. Why HPT hasn't, who knows, but all you can do is ask again. See here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10971

I tend to believe your issue is not this, however, and it is something you're running into regardless of time lapse after crank.

Regards,

James
    Last edited by RWTD; 04-04-2009 at 01:00 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

I haven't release the converted injector data just yet because it's going to be a part of my training DVD coming out this summer. I know you guys are anxious to see this, but I want to make sure you see the info in the right context rather than just blindly copy/paste from an internet post.

Some training firms make you wait until their "advanced" material to see things like proper injector data, MAF and VE calibration in action. (If they even do it properly...) I've been teaching this stuff as part of my basic training for years because I consider it to be such an important aspect of the tuning process. I'm going to make sure it's RIGHT before I release the info and DVD.

Tuner
    Edit, nevermind, I figured it out
    Last edited by Wilde Racing; 04-28-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    2000 EC, SB Z71 03 LQ4, 05 front clip with e-fans, STS turbo, GT67, Blow off valve, 170Kpa, Alkycontrol, 44lbs injectors @ 100% dutycycle, Comp 918's, HPtuner, 02 ECM, Dyno Jet Wideband, Eaton LSD, Speed Engineering 4l80e conversion, 2800 ART CARR stall removed now running stocker . 11.87 @ 114
    New times 11.41 @ 119.. look out 10's here I come.....

Should this work?

Quote Originally Posted by my_bd View Post
    SJSchafer, did you obtain per-injector data from Yaw Power?

I had my injectors cleaned and dynamically tested by Yaw sometime around the end of last Oct. / beginning of Nov., back when he was initially developing the testing method for the LSJ's.
    I did not receive per-injector data, but what appears to be an average of the set (I guess?).

Attached is a screencap of the low pulse adder behaviour for my injectors (Siemens Deka 60's).

Paul did mention during a discussion that he was quite impressed with the consistent behaviour he was seeing with the SD60's he was testing.
    So I took the sheet that you showed us and created data from it. You guys think this is optimum for SD60?

I used Engauge Digitizer to come up with this data.

-Kyle

Sorry for an old thread update.

Are these still the best short pulse #'s we have?
    Would someone post the latest offset #'s please

I thank all of you for the work and sharing

Advanced Tuner
    I'm running 60lb siemens in my set up my injector pulse widths are 2.3msec.....my flow rate vs kpa vac ranges from 69.50762 to 76.14215....my injector pulsewidth settings are 1.277......I also changed my offsets etc.....fellas my only advice on purchasing any upgraded injectors GET THE CORRECT DATA BEFORE YOU PURCHASE THEM.....Car runs like a champ with those injectors at idle (cold start) I ALWAYS RUN IT A BIT RICHER WITH ETHANOL E10 GENIUNE I MEASURE ETC and have no problem with my injector set up......14.10 at idle or 1.0 LAMBDA........It runs spot-on and pulls like a freight train.....head/cam/102mm manifold/nw102/60lb siemens ran 11.31/120.14mph before manifold/fuel st up and conv, I am chasing 10.75/124mph out of it and now have upgraded stub axles due to breakage etc.....cheers Bret
    Last edited by THE CHAD; 02-23-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Just digested all 14 pages of this oldish thread to learn some more about the offset issues and dialing them in on an LSJ. There is some later info (http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...r-basic-how-to) that the LSJ P12 ecu offset calculation does weird things and with bigger injectors it needs 1/2 the offset values to dial in properly. Can explain why the 60's measured offset values here did not work well on the LSJ engine...