Thread: SpeeD DensitY: TracK TunE !!!

Not A Tuner

SpeeD DensitY: TracK TunE !!!

Well I'm going back to WSIR saturday. Its going to be hot .... 100+ degrees

I want to try out my SD tune....have run MAF tune before.

I included a log from today where IAT were high 80-90. But I am worried if I should make any adjustments for the extreme temps I will see at the track.

George: wanna come out ???????

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Senior Tuner
    Looks to be running a hair on the rich, which is good when you are out there in the heat. I would love to come out, but I have the family getting together for the holiday weekend (BBQ).

Tuner in Training
    unless you have changed it, the computer will adjust timing based on the IAT. It will start to back down timing as it gets hotter to ward off the detonation.

You should be good

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Looks to be running a hair on the rich, which is good when you are out there in the heat. I would love to come out, but I have the family getting together for the holiday weekend (BBQ).
    We will hookup some other time..........

My son is going to come out for the first time. Not letting him drive ..... just going to see if he can be a passenger first

I will get some logs to see how it handles the heat.

Thanks for looking.....both of you.

Not A Tuner
    Well my MPVI decided to take a crap......was getting a flashing red error light......so no logs of OLSD compared to previous runs at same track in hot weather in CLMAF

It was 110 degrees

Met a fellow HPT user, Vette owner....Rennfarerx ....all the way from Phoenix. Next time you will follow me and I wil make sure you get that 1:38

DH

Was your MPVI full of previous logs? IIRC it blinks when full. Or maybe you got a bum config in there somehow.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Was your MPVI full of previous logs? IIRC it blinks when full. Or maybe you got a bum config in there somehow.
    It was empty .... I always clear the logs when I download them. It started acting up recently. I put a different config in today and it recorded fine. I will test some more. It just sucks that I couldn't get even one log to compare the OLSD to the CLMAF under almost identical temp/track conditions.

The tune couldn't of been too bad as the car didn't blow up. And I was only 1 second slower than my previous best which at 70 or 80 ambient not 110 degrees ..........

DH

Hmmm sounds like it had a corrupt config in it. Bummer on the data acquisition though.

Good to know you're only down 1 second for 30-40 degrees F.

Not A Tuner
    Here is a link to some vid from yesterday at the track.

The guy following me is an instructor, his car is a 2004 SC Cobra. I got a little HP on him but he is younger and drives every week.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...9d000c1fea.htm

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Looks like you had a ball and he couldn't keep up with ya!

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Looks like you had a ball and he couldn't keep up with ya!
    Definately has a ball ...... best legal fun there is

The other guy is a good driver. I can pull him in the straights .......

Too bad there was traffic in this vid clip....just started to get it on when his car craped out and video ended.

DH

cool vid. i was looking really hard and i couldn't find either the willow or the spring . that cobra guy was shifting like i do when i go to work. there were like 2 second pauses in between shifts. BTW it looks like you're in need of bigger injectors.
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft

nice vid dirty! looks like a lot of fun. sounds like that cobra has a damn 13 speed eaton in it... he did a lot of shifting... looks like ya' held him off though!

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by svede1212
    cool vid. i was looking really hard and i couldn't find either the willow or the spring . that cobra guy was shifting like i do when i go to work. there were like 2 second pauses in between shifts. BTW it looks like you're in need of bigger injectors.
    He is an instructor ....... I'm sure he was shifting correctly for the track and traffic conditions for his car.

What size injectors do you think. Everybody has told me the 30#'s are adequate.

DH

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauss
    nice vid dirty! looks like a lot of fun. sounds like that cobra has a damn 13 speed eaton in it... he did a lot of shifting... looks like ya' held him off though!
    I'm sure we will have a rematch in the future. Hopefully he will need a telescopic lense to keep my insight

DH

Senior Tuner
    Oh that brings back memories. Looks like you two were paired up very well, I kind of like the blower whine.

I think 40# SVOs (green tops) would do you right, the 30#s look like they are getting very close to 100%, possibly over at your rpm level.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Oh that brings back memories. Looks like you two were paired up very well, I kind of like the blower whine.

I think 40# SVOs (green tops) would do you right, the 30#s look like they are getting very close to 100%, possibly over at your rpm level.
    You gotta get back out there George.

Whats wierd is that my IDC barely would get in the low 90's when MAF tuned. Now in SD it seems to want more fuel. Would porely seated rings account for this at all???

I am getting a new short block. Am thinking about getting my AFR heads ported by Tony Mamo. I assume I would need more fuel if the chamber head area is increased. What do you think??

DH

Very cool vid Howie.

if you're running a tad rich that will obviously increase fueling. i've heard the arguments that the stock injectors will support xxx horsepower. i trust the logs more. i switched to green tops and see 55% duty at redline and the car logs more consistent AFRs now
    2004 GTO Blk/Rd M6 (Ziggy)

Best ET: 12.390 ET, 112.73MPH, 1.819 60ft