Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 98 car with 99+ harness and 4l80e

Tuner in Training
    I have still to figure out how to do it as i have not had any time to mess with my car. I remember pm'ing ectune back in february about this very issue. Have you been able to do it?

No sucess on this end, I will be getting it taken care of within the next couple of weeks and will post up my "fix".
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

Tuner in Training
    I tried it and got nothing.

*****Update*****
    Alright, here we go. After attempting to write a series of different OS, into this vehicle (everything from a 98-02 camaro) it still would not operate the fuel gauge. At this point I had pushed my limits with the information that was being presented to me here and found this wall . I borrowed a friends EFILive interface, downloaded their software and went to town.
    Here is what had to be done:
    You must start with a stock 02 Camaro OS #12212156, then you take the fuel system segment only from a 02 Express van with the same 12212156 OS.
    (Note: The original 02 Camaro Fuel system ID# is 16264619/ Checksum $6D0C this will be replaced with the Express vans Fuel system segment 16264662/ Checksum $EFAB) We (hptuners users) do not have the ability to perform this function (at least not to the best of my knowledge). I then copied over all important tables from my original tune that I was running (without a gas gauge). Everything went really smooth and was very straight forward once I learned how OS's and individual ID #'s worked.

In conclusion I am a little frustrated about the legwork that went into this car. By the time that it was all said and done I spent over 15 hours researching, changing and retesting everything only to find out that it cannot be done. At this point I have licensed 2 additional tunes to "test" and accomplished nothing. It would have been nice if someone had stepped in and simply told me not to waste my time. Also, I would like the guys at HPTuners know that I love the product that they put out and I am not in any way bashing it, this is simply a message to prevent anyone else from going through what I did.

If anyone from HPTuners would like to contact me through a PM feel free and I will send you my finished file along with additional info that might help us put together something that will work in the future. Now that I am finished I think I am going to join this guy >
    01 WS6-M6, PRC Stage 2.5 5.3's, MS4, Kooks 1 3/4", custom built full true duals w/ X-pipe, SLP lid, tuned via HPTuners

It can work, I got it to work. I do remember that I had to play with the numbers in the tune after all the segment swapping was done.
    Last edited by fasttrackperformace; 10-08-2008 at 10:31 PM.

How were you able to do the segment swapping, I have found nothing on wire-ups or searches that had any clarity for segment swaps.

There are segment swapped tunes in this thread. EFI live allows you to be able to do it, Hptuner does not.

The segment swapped pcm in this thread is for a 4l80, that would not work with this car. How did that tune come about? Is it something that was written using a different program and then saved using hptuners or........?

Do you have a Van fuel segment swapped tune in your car right now?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fasttrackperformace View Post
    Do you have a Van fuel segment swapped tune in your car right now?
    Let us see it and see if we could do anything with HPt. I was trying different things with mine and still have an inop fuel gage.

I do have it swapped and I would be happy to post it up, however it is not a "valid" HPTuners file because the VIN and OS does not match up, so it is of little to no good.

8tsixt Hit me with a PM and I will give you a ton of valuable information that can help you out a lot.

sorry guys for the bump but I have a customer that is concerned about this issue. its a 98 he plans on doing a 4l80e swap. He is aware that he will have to put a different PCM in ther but He is assured that I cannot complete the segment swap with my hptuners cable. From what I read in this thread it is possible with the files that where posted earlier if you can change the fuel calibrations. Can anybody share there sucsess with me or failure? Nobody anywhere around here has efi live.

Guys,
    I can swap in whatever you want. I had a request for a 98 car with a 0411 ECM & 4L80E trans.

So whatever is needed, let me know and I'll post it up.

Doug
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thank you very much sir!

98 vette with 99 vette ECM

I have a 98 vette and I am upgrading to the 99 ECM. The place I bought it from put my VIN # in with a tech II. Once I swap the pins in the connector will everything work right as far as reading and writing with my HP tuner? Or will it give me some kind of error saying invalid pair or ? Will I have to relicense it?

Bringing this one back. I have a 98 ta pinned to a 99. I have a 4l80 in it working fine but my fuel gauge is not working. Someone on here did the segment swap for my 4l80. Will the file EC posted work for me? I don't want to pay to license something that won't work.
    Thanks for any help

Senior Tuner
    Get up with EC_Tune and he can take the file you have now and swap in the fuel segment from the 2002 Express Van for you.

Now, the trick is calibrating the fuel gauge afterwards. After the segment swap, I copied in the 2002 F-Body fuel calibration (Fuel System, General) on my friend's '98, but the gauge still reads wrong. At full his gauge reads empty (left), and as fuel starts to be used up the gauge moves towards the right, LOL!
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Thanks I will PM him.

So after figuring this out I still have to play with the tables! This just never ends with this car!

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, and when YOU figure out the tables (lol), please share them.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    Yeah, and when YOU figure out the tables (lol), please share them.
    Ha! ha! Will do!

Has anyone talked to EC tune. He has not answered any PM's