Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 98 car with 99+ harness and 4l80e

Quote Originally Posted by NBMLS2TA View Post
    That is the same PCM that I got out of a 2000 Tahoe. I am still confused about the credits though. Do I have to license the OS that is on the PCM now and then license on of the files that EC_Tune posted with the segment swap? Is there now new functionality in HP Tuners that will allow us to fix the gauge issue without a segment swap? Can someone explain how a swap can be done with minimal credits? It seems that I would have to license the new PCM and then license whatever OS I put on the new PCM. Can you write to a PCM without licensing it first? Also, is there any issues with VIN/OS mismatch that may come into play? I am sorry for being so dense!
    Lets just use this example for simplicity:
    Your PCM out of a Tahoe, you will need 2 HP Tuners credits to license it and write to it.
    Now if you download and write the posted FBody file to the same PCM you will need to use 2 more HP Tuners Credits to Write the new OS and file to that PCM.
    Total of 4 Credits.
    98 TransAm WS9 Raim Air – Stage 4 4L60E Trans -3:90 Rear -1.8 HS Rockers - Full UMI Suspension – 85MM Lid – 85MM Z06 MAF - LS6 Z06 Intake - 224/230 Comp Cam - 7.350 Push Rods - 243 TEA Stage 2 LS6 Heads 61cc - Melling 10296 Oil Pump - Caddy Race Lifters - SLP Underdrive Pulley - 160 Thermo - 42# Green Top Injectors - HPT - SLP Line lock - Pacesetter LTube Headers - Yank SS4000 - 98 to 2002 PCM Swap www.mrk-motorsports.com

Tuner in Training
    Just to confirm....If I were to license the newest OS from a 2002 Fbody and use the latest iteration of HP Tuners, I should be able to get the fuel gauge working without the need for a segment swap? I just want to confirm before I license a non fuel segment swapped OS. Also, do I need to worry about any VIN/OS mismatch stuff? I am really fuzzy on that area. If I license an OS off the repository and write entire to the new PCM is there going to be a VIN issue?

Also, with the new OS and new HP Tuners version (and the ability to fix the fuel gauge) is there any difference in the original repining instructions to go from a 98 to 99+ PCM?

Thanks again for all the help!
    Last edited by NBMLS2TA; 09-19-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Just to confirm....If I were to license the newest OS from a 2002 Fbody and use the latest iteration of HP Tuners, I should be able to get the fuel gauge working without the need for a segment swap?
    Did you get to test this?
    Was it a matter of enabling the PWM switch on the Fuel gauge output section?

I assume you still had to change the fuel level output signal as follows:

The fuel level output on the Express Van pcm is on C2 pin 38. The 1998 F-Body pcm uses C1 pin 36 (Dark Blue wire).
    Thanks
    Ricardo
    1996 A4 FBody with LS7 swap