Thread: RTT tuning VE correction issues

Tuner in Training

RTT tuning VE correction issues

I just went to a smaller blower pulley, so I've been trying to get my VE tables back in line. Previously I didn't use the RTT feature. I would just log for a while, then make corrections and load a new tune. I never had any problems and had the VE dialed in pretty well.

This time around I decided to use RTT, and it's not working out well at all. Every time I make corrections using the AFR% error, and pasting them in using "multiply by % - half" I get a wild swing in the opposite direction.

It's not an issue I can't work around, I just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same thing. I just built an Excel spreadsheet that cut's the values by 50% (I have to go through one more copy and paste procedure). Then I paste those values in using "multiply by % -half" effectively giving me 25% of the error correction, which seems to work much better.

I'm currently running a 2-bar tune and have the car in open loop. I've checked and double checked to make sure I'm not getting any additional fueling from anywhere else. Like I said, not a big issue, just wondering if anyone else experienced this.
    2004 Phantom Black A4 GTO - Flowmaster catback, Dynatech LT's,Cat delete, Vinci 099 Cam 232*/240* .551"/.551" 117 LSA,Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E, Performabuilt 3K Stall, B&M Tranny Cooler, SLP Line Lock, Nitto DR's, '05 GTO Front Brakes
    Procharger P1SC, Siemens 60# injectors

Are you running the latest version of HP Tuners? 2.1.18 as of 8/20/07
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I'm using 2.1.18
    2004 Phantom Black A4 GTO - Flowmaster catback, Dynatech LT's,Cat delete, Vinci 099 Cam 232*/240* .551"/.551" 117 LSA,Performabuilt Level 2 4L60E, Performabuilt 3K Stall, B&M Tranny Cooler, SLP Line Lock, Nitto DR's, '05 GTO Front Brakes
    Procharger P1SC, Siemens 60# injectors

Also, are you running in open or closed loop? If closed loop, you need a filter on the AFR error to filter out any commanded AFR > 14.6 (closed loop controls this).

I would disable closed loop and give it another try.
    Always Support Our Troops!