Thread: 02 Ls1 Runs Extremely Lean

Tuner in Training

02 Ls1 Runs Extremely Lean

I have a 02 Ls1 in a 91 Camaro. I posted a while back about emissions problems I was having. I gave up on it, since they didn't make me pass. It ran very well until just recently when it died on me while sitting in traffic. Since then my car has been running extremely lean and basically dies on power around 2700 RPM. I tried resetting the fuel trims, thinking maybe it would help, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

My NGK wideband peeks at about 16 around 2500 and I was thinking maybe it is due to low fuel pressure for one reason or another. I haven't had a chance to check it yet, but plan to sometime this weekend. I was wondering if maybe someone could take a look at my logs and see if there was a tell-tale sign of a sensor going bad or reading inaccurate. It's almost like my computer knows it's lean but doesn't care to do anything about it after 2k. I'm stuck at 25.0 LTFT.

By the way, it's a manual tune with only vats and the fans changed. It was an automatic when I bought it. Engine is completely stock from 02 Trans Am.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't get much time to work on it, but it still hasn't been running good. In case it would help, here is the tune. It's pretty much a 6sp tune with vats and fans changed because it was overheating. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I should update this in case anyone else runs in to the issue. My fuel pump went bad. I purchased a new one and the problems went away.