Thread: handheld? Possiblity?

Senior Tuner

handheld? Possiblity?

Is there any possiblity you guys might be offering a hand held option? Alot of my customers like hand helds so they can go back to stock or switch tunes. That leaves me with SCT or diablo sport.. neither of which I'm too fond of.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    +++100000000

Hard time saying this but,
    But I am actually looking at efilive for this reason. I am getting into E85 tuning. and what to able to give my customer options with fully optimized tune for different fuels and power adders (NO2/NA tunes)
    2009 G8 GT ... stock... DD

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Sold: 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD 4X4 8100 vortec RCLB [email protected]

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin
    Is there any possiblity you guys might be offering a hand held option? Alot of my customers like hand helds so they can go back to stock or switch tunes. That leaves me with SCT or diablo sport.. neither of which I'm too fond of.
    Don't all the products alter the stock calibration? That holding true the only difference between SCT, Diable and a Handheld HPT would be the calibration, which really it's a market definer, unlike a laptop interface and unlimited possibilities that HPT brings with it. Why would they try to enter the hand held tuner market when thats got lots of coverage.
    2005 LS6 CTS-V
    2010 LP9 SRX AWD 2.8T
    SOLD: 2006 Cadillac SRX AWD V6 A5
    SOLD: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC Arrival Blue

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by zinner
    Why would they try to enter the hand held tuner market when thats got lots of coverage.

Basically I want a "loader/flasher/scanner" so I and customers don't have carry laptop and such to swtich tunes for different fuels or if I want use the bottle for the weekend.

Plus you can load 4 tunes examples why: E85/NO2 , E85/ high BOOST, Reg pump gas, Reg pump gas/NO2.

Something like EFIlive has in their "autocal" unit.

I really wish the MVPI unit came with ability to hold couple of tune and flash them.

2005 GTO A4 (heads and cam ) currently broken.... last time 12.4 @ 109 (just a TC)

Well.. I'll keep this short..

We do have a solution in the works.
    We are hoping to get it out asap.
    We know the demand is there.
    We think our solution will fit the bill for many applications.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Woo Hoo...!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    I second the WOO HOO!

Potential Tuner
    As a potential customer that is on the fence because of this issue. Can you provide any indication as to the timing for the release of this solution?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Well.. I'll keep this short..

We do have a solution in the works.
    We are hoping to get it out asap.
    We know the demand is there.
    We think our solution will fit the bill for many applications.

That sounds sweet. Keith.

Trustcraze the question you ask is the most difficult question for a business to ever answer. If they would give a date & do not meet the date. People would be complaining about the date that was missed. If they rush to get it out & do not get rid of all the bugs, then the customers are still not happy. They should have fixed the bugs. We have no idea what these guys go through to get a product out to us. Keith, I say take your time & get the best product you guys can for us.
    2006 LBZ Duramax 4x4 CC SB 2500HD SRW 4x4 LT1 (with extras), Blocked & Fingered, Fumoto drain valve, Keystone Ram Air Good Hood, Banks Ram Air, Access cover & Rhino over the rails, Victory Red.
    33'-0" Dutchman fifthwheel,Tekonsha Voyager Brake Controller

Banks Sixgun with HPTUNERS.