Thread: WB-O2 location?

Tuner in Training

WB-O2 location?

Been reading too many threads... On my '07 (new style) 4.8 Silverado the cats are 6in. from the exhaust manifold flange. One o2 sensor is at the 3 0'clock position on the pass. side and the after cat sensors are about 4in. behind the cats. Question.... Where do i install the bung without causing a overheat on the sensor? Do i need a heatsink or can i install the sensor after the cats in the rear senor bung? What are the Pros and Cons? How do i adjust for the after cat installation? Has anyone installed a WB on a "new style" yet?

LM-1 just arrived Gas at 4.60 a gallon 1mpg= $120+ a year in savings 8000 miles on mostly 2 lane highway since Apr. Passing power needed!

I think i know how to set-up the LM-1 (theads) but i don't want to fry it. Am i worried for nothing?

Thanks for your time

Dan
    Sudbury,Ont. Canada

Advanced Tuner
    You need to install them between the manifold and the cats close to the collector in the vertical position or 10 degrees above the horizontal position to keep liquids off of it. You'll get the best readings there.
    97 GMC ext cab, 2002 LS6, MTI G1 cam 228/232-588/575-113, MTI hardened pushrods, Patriot 243 heads, 3200 stall, 85mm Mass air, S&P Type III Headers, 2 1/2" Magnaflow High flow cats, Flowmasters, HPTuners, 4:10 gears, Original Boyds wheels 17X9's front 17X11's rear, East coast customs WS6 ram air hood, 150 shot NOS LS1 set up, 4/5Beltech drop, Caltracs.

Just tuned a 2007 Sierra 5.3 (next gen). Installed the WB in place of the right front O2.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    Just tuned a 2007 Sierra 5.3 (next gen). Installed the WB in place of the right front O2.

Russ Kemp
    Does it interface with the stock PCM and then feed HP tuner? I have an LC-1 on order.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, the LC-1 has two analog ouputs.. One for narrowband and one for Wbo2.. They are programmable. I would also change the output speed.