Thread: twin turbo 06 gto

Potential Tuner

twin turbo 06 gto

Hey guys, I have been trying to tune my car for 2 days and can't get anywhere. Every time I change the ve table to reduce the stft's it go's haywire. When I do get it to idle pretty good and try to back the timing where I'm getting KR, everything go's to crap. I will admit I have never tuned anything before. I been reading all kinds of post about tuning, but I must have missed something along the way. Is anybody willing to give me some pointers and some tips? I attached the best running tune and corresponding scan. When I made this scan the car kept going into safety mode, but earlier when I had it in it was fine. So that is also confusing me. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Mike

P.S. This is a 2bar tune on a 06 m6 gto with the aps twin turbos and 60# injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    you will find that knock retard is burst knock, zero out the burst knock tables and that will go away,

i would reccomend not to give it a hard time with those spark tables in it, you will end up with a broken piston or 8 in no time flat.

also you VE tables dont match up either, you 105kpa in the primary ve is a lot different to the 105kpa in the boost ve,

what code does it throw when it goes into safety mode? these can be fixed under the engine diag tab.

Potential Tuner
    Ok I changed the tables (base vs. cylairdelta), (multi vs. rpm), (multi vs. ect), and (multi vs. iat) under burst knock retard to zero. The code it is throwing is P0060E throttle corilation position. I don't see that code in the dtc's to turn off.I know the timing is way high but When I tried to lower it across the board the car will bearly run. It idles up and down and usally stalls.I really hope I can get the hang of tuning, everyone here makes it look so easy. Thanks for all the help

Potential Tuner
    well I tried the changes that was recomended above. It helped get rid of all the KR i was seeing but it keeps triping code P060E, and going into safe mode. does anybody know what this is and can it be turned off safely?
    I'm attaching the latest tune with the changes above and a sacn of it from my drive home.

Advanced Tuner
    that is code p0068

it is under engine diag, change the rpm to 8195 and you wont have that problem again, i dont know why it is saying p0060,

with a boosted setup your timing maps are way to advanced in regions where it will come on boost, you want to change the whole bottom line to something around 10deg and start from there, the timing table maxes out at about 3-4psi boost on a good setup so it is always a compermise with the timing table,

you boost VE table is still messed up, you need to times the last row by something like 1.15 and then interpolate between the first and the last row,

Advanced Tuner
    Big mike,

If it's a ETC car (electric throttle control) try disabling P1516 make it 3 no error reported. This stops the vehicle from entering limp home when she starts to make a little power. Also did you adjust your LTFT's? By correcting your VE table? I read that you adjusted STFT's, really I wouldn't worry about those, priority should goto LTFT's. For your car, your timing table should be fine stock but under WOT I would keep it safe at say 18 degrees for 8 + psi log at least 30 min of aggressive driving on the streets then hit the freeway on the same log for another 30 min then take your percentages and correct the VE table. Good luck and patience, it's an art more or less.

Mike,

I have a 2005 Corvette coupe with six speed manual trans, and APS twin turbos and 60# injectors, with a kennebell boost a pump with the volume control turned all the way up.

I think your VE boost table is pretty messed up, because your 105kpa is high, and your very next map pressure is low. Also, I think your high octane spark table is not quite right, too much spark at high air flows, particularly for the turbos. As far as the low octane spark table, I just left it as it was on mine. The computer will fail over to the low octane table if you have prolonged KR, so the lower advance settings in the low octane table shouldn't really have to change.

Anyway, here is my tune. It should be close to what yours should be. You can use the compare function in hptuners to look my tune and your tune side by side to see the differences in spark, VE and VE boost, and fueling, DTC's, etc.

I think your way too far from stock at this point. When doing my 2bar SD tune with the APS and 60# injectors on my stock ls2, I first changed injector flow, injector offset, and injector min pulse width under the fuel tab to get the car to run with the new injectors and then drove the car around normally(no boosting) and kept adjusting the injector offset table until the fuel trims were close to zero. Next, I changed VE and VE boost tables under the airflow tab, using my wide band sensor as a guide for my WOT fueling. I also had to change the high octane spark table under the spark tab to get rid of my KR, especially under boost, I am running 8psi boost, and you will see that I am only able to get about 12 degrees advance in the boost range in the peak torque section of the engine 4400rpm, I then changed the DTC's to do things like turn off the rear O2's, and I failed the MAF. Take a look at my tune and you'll get an idea, or heck, you can create a new tune for your car from your stock tune, then copy the stuff I mentioned above from my tune, and try it on your car, and it should be somewhat close.

OOPS, it helps if I post my tune. Here it is...

Potential Tuner
    Hey wewing thanks for the help. I'll use your tune to help me to learn which way to go with all the tables. I don't want to just copy & paste someone’s tune, because then I will never learn how to do it on my own. But looking at your tune will show me where I should be working. I have lowered my timings a lot in the higher flow areas since the last tune I posted here. Unfortunately my wide band O2 sensor controller died on me, so while it’s off getting fixed I haven't been messing with the tune to much. I live about 2.5 miles from work so I just baby it to and from work.

I appreciate your time and help, Thanks

Mike

Glad to help, and good luck with the busted wide band. Hopefully you'll have it back online and ready to tune soon.

I hate to resurrect such a thread but I looked at the file that you gave him to help him and I have never seen a
    VE table in the thousands why is it so high, even other boosted applications have a reasonable VE table it just goes past 105 KPA