Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need reviews of tuning guide

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! I'll stay tuned (pun intended) then.
    09 G8 GT

Tuner in Training
    Any conclusions Funky?
    09 G8 GT

Tuner in Training FunkyStickman's Avatar
    Not yet... I will have to buy a wideband before I can take full advantage of this. But it's very well written, easy to udnerstand. I shouldn't have any problems with it.

Is CPig around? I see he hasn't posted under that name since August 2007

I was just going through CPIGS write up and giving it a try. Some things I have ran into already that seem maybe different than when he wrote it.

1) I was not able to find how to disable the LTFT as noted. I see they are enabled at certain temps. Do you manipulate the temps to disable? I tried raising the min but then the car would not start.

2) Says paste the STFT histogram into VE table. I was not able to locate the VE table as noted. All I was able to find was a couple of variations but none specific to what it said.

Thats as far as I have gotten so far. Any help would be appreciated. I know it's a lot to ask but if some of the knowledgible folks on here could take a look through the write-up and maybe update so us newbies won't be banging our heads against the wall trying to learn.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Hey man if you have e38 ecm there isn't a VE table, it is coefficient based. It's called a virtual VE because it is all equations now.
    09 G8 GT

Tuner in Training
    I tried to get the Cpig document but cannot down load it right now. I used to have a copy of it but we have moved and it got lost in the move. Could someone link me up or email me a latest greatest copy of it?
    1970 Corvette Convertible LS6 conversion with Keisler 5 speed and Steeroids.

Advanced Tuner
    send me your email and I'll attach it for ya. It's larger than the forums will allow me to attach.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner in Training
    PM Sent

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectD3 View Post
    Hey man if you have e38 ecm there isn't a VE table, it is coefficient based. It's called a virtual VE because it is all equations now.

I had missed your reply for some reason but thanks. I do have the e38 puter. It's funny I read this thread again and a few weeks later I have progressed considerbly closer to being in tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie 70 View Post
    PM Sent
    PM answered
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    PM answered

Here's to some more fun with the vette.

Senior Tuner
    Not so bad on the guide. Nice work!

One thing that I do agree with is that fact that you blindly recommend modifying the knock sensor settings. While many do follow the "advise" of others on these forums because "so and so" said to do it, I do not think this is a proper approach. I've always had good trust in the factory values, and rarely have changed them (only when proving that the knock is false on my load bearing Dynojet 224xLC).
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

When I was starting out I found this guide to be very useful. There is at least one error in the guide I am aware of and this excellent guide could be updated and enhanced. I have been considering writing an updated version of this guide.

A few thoughts regarding an updated version:

- Is there any tuning veterans (Bill, RWTD, RussK, SoundEngineer, etc) who would be willing to proofread an updated version to make sure there is no mistakes?

- Is an updated version worth it? I.e. how much use do people think an updated version might get?

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone want to repost the document, I can't download it and I want to check it out.

Senior Tuner
    Sure thing...but don't ask me for help...I might ask for $'s!? Lol Sorry inside joke lately.

I took RWTD's advice and removed the stuff he said noobs should not be messing with...i.e. KR sensitivity, ect. Here ya' go folks!
    Janky Monkey Tuning

Call or PM for tuning solutions.

Cell 210-954-4985

Wrench turning provided by 2 Tightwads Racing.

Tune your own? Start here ----> Open Editor ---> Hit F1...READ!

READ SOME MORE (Thank username 69Lt1bird): http://ls1tuningguide.com/

Still lost? Consult a Pro!

www.thetuningschool.com
    www.calibratedsuccess.com
    www.tunedbyfrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss View Post
    Anyone want to repost the document,
    how does it work in 2023 with version 5.0?