Thread: Disabling Tire Pressure Sensors on C5 Vette?

Potential Tuner

Disabling Tire Pressure Sensors on C5 Vette?

Is thier a way to disable the Tire Pressure Sensor Codes using HPTuners, the codes are listed below:

C2100 Left Front TPM Sensor Malfunction
    C2105 Right Front TPM Sensor Malfunction
    C2110 Right Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction
    C2115 Left Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction

thanks for any help

frank

I don't see them in the DTC list of the engine diags screen. I believe they are controlled by the BCM.

So my educated opinion is no. There's gotta be an answer though, even it is't not HPT. I can't believe all the guys with aftermarket wheels that do not accept the sensors have been driving around getting these errors.

I do know they can be turned off with a Tec-2.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Potential Tuner
    I do not believe they are controlled by the BCM, it looks like it is the BO-RFA Remote Function Actuation. See this link.

I do agree driving around getting these DIC's for tire pressure becomes a pain, easy to reset but none the less.

thanks

Tuner in Training
    They can only be deleted on 01+ cars with a Tech II. On 97-00, they can't be disabled in the BCM. The reason they can be disabled on the 01+ cars is that it is an RPO code that can be disabled. The reason for the change is that the Z06 came out in 01 and didn't have pressure sensors, hence the way to disable them. The BCM is different in the 2, so you just can't swap in a late model BCM. The receiver is different also. It;s just like the key Fobs that are also different in the 01+ cars too. They are all signaled from the same radio receiver. (RFA)
    1999 C5 LS1 M6. H/C

Not A Tuner
    So do you need a TechII to clear the "LOW PRESSURE" warning also ????

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Potential Tuner

Tpm

Is a techII required to disable the TPM system on a 2006 Z06?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I know its shade tree, but I read a thread somewhere (don't remember exactly) about a guy that got pressure rated pvc tube, drilled four holes, installed sensors, sealed it and aired it up. Said he keeps it in his trunk or something. Seems like it should work.

yes theres plenty of people running a spare with 4 TPMS mounted in them. its simple to drill 3 extra holes in your wheel.

It's even simpler than that. Get a short length of pvc pipe and cap one end. Drill a hole and mount one TPM sensor on the other cap. Place three TPM sensors inside. Attach and seal the cap. Pressure to 35#. Put it in the trunk.

Not my idea - I read it and congratulated the fellow for thinking out of the box, but I can't find the post. Somebody please track the guy down and buy him a Guinness!
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins