Thread: ???Which Wideband to Buy???

Tuner

???Which Wideband to Buy???

I am using the HPTuners Pro and am ready to buy a wideband. I tune mostly Corvettes; also I want to be able to hookup the unit to run both NB and WB at the same time. I was just about to go with PLX, but see that some forum members are having accuracy problems with that unit. Others say they consistantly have problems with Innovate, so what other choices does that leave me for an accurate product???

Potential Tuner
    I just got the AFX form NGK just installed today The price was right and heard it was very accurate from a very reliable person simple install too power ground and 2 plug connections . Just google it I got mine at summit $275 to my door check it out

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettepartz
    I am using the HPTuners Pro and am ready to buy a wideband. I tune mostly Corvettes; also I want to be able to hookup the unit to run both NB and WB at the same time. I was just about to go with PLX, but see that some forum members are having accuracy problems with that unit. Others say they consistantly have problems with Innovate, so what other choices does that leave me for an accurate product???
    Its not just PLX and LC1. Others have had issues too. And some say they all will under certain conditions/car setups....see this thread:
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ewpost&t=12388

The one thing I will say about PLX is that they have stayed on the phone and answered all my questions.

Whats your setup ????

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Tuner
    Dirtie H: I just ordered the PLX. I am currently the owner of a month-old C6 with 400 miles on it, so it might be awhile before it starts getting the mods. I have been doing tuning on vettes and trucks for about 4 years now, but I am tired of using a dyno for the WOT A/F part. Besides, that isn't always accurate. I have run the dyno part and know how easy it is to skew the readings; I really don't trust a lot of the people who own a dyno AND sell and install performance parts. Not to say that all of them are crooks, just 100% of the ones I have met, lol.

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettepartz
    Dirtie H: I just ordered the PLX. I am currently the owner of a month-old C6 with 400 miles on it, so it might be awhile before it starts getting the mods. I have been doing tuning on vettes and trucks for about 4 years now, but I am tired of using a dyno for the WOT A/F part. Besides, that isn't always accurate. I have run the dyno part and know how easy it is to skew the readings; I really don't trust a lot of the people who own a dyno AND sell and install performance parts. Not to say that all of them are crooks, just 100% of the ones I have met, lol.
    Well I'm sure you know whats up on Vettes then

When you get yours installed please give some input on this thread:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12388

DH