Thread: can the innovate c-1 work with hp tuner and how

Tuner in Training

can the innovate c-1 work with hp tuner and how

can the innovate lc-1 work with hp tuner and how

works great...
    do a search

you will need the Pro version MPVI
    you can use the LC1 straight out of the box with minimal effort...a little wiring and a little bit of scanner understanding and you are done
    -Scott -

Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    works great...
    do a search

you will need the Pro version MPVI
    you can use the LC1 straight out of the box with minimal effort...a little wiring and a little bit of scanner understanding and you are done
    Are you saying if I only have the standard MPVI, I can't interface to the LC-1. I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one

Quote Originally Posted by mowton
    Are you saying if I only have the standard MPVI, I can't interface to the LC-1. I'm about to pull the trigger on buying one
    I really cant understand what you are trying to say here. But they are stating that you need the HP Tuners Pro Interface to easily hook up to the LC-1. It is as simple and plug and play, for the most part.

Many people have hooked up the LC-1 without the Pro interface using a 0-5v switch from the car, but this can be time consuming and tedious.
    2015 Mustang A6
    Hellion Twin Turbo
    Fore Innovations Return Fuel System
    806rwhp / 786rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Kryckter
    I really cant understand what you are trying to say here. But they are stating that you need the HP Tuners Pro Interface to easily hook up to the LC-1. It is as simple and plug and play, for the most part.

Many people have hooked up the LC-1 without the Pro interface using a 0-5v switch from the car, but this can be time consuming and tedious.
    Not to be argumentative, but I do think you understood what I was asking. As far as interpreting "easily" from the initial post, I guess you would have to know that fact first. If I see a sentence "you will need the Pro version MPVI" on a single line then next line "you can use the LC1 straight out of the box with minimal effort...a little wiring and a little bit of scanner understanding and you are done" on would think they are stand alone.

....which brings me back to the reason why I asked the question............I didn't know
    Last edited by mowton; 06-08-2007 at 06:56 PM.

It works like this....
    You buy an HP Tuners Device...Standard or Pro....
    You buy an wideband..in your case...the LC1 as mentioned above...
    IF you have the Standard version then you need to find a way to wire to HP Tuners...with the standard version it means you need to find an alternative input...I've seen EGR, AC Pressure Sensor, a few other inputs...
    but then you only get resolution of whatever your logging rate is...(which is explaine in the help files...more data bits = slower overall rate)
    If you get the Pro Version then you have an easy access connector and only need a small screwdriver to conect the wires of the LC1 and you always et a loging rate of 40 Frames per second for the Wideband(which then averages at the Data Loging rate the scanner is showing(again...determined by how many data bits you are loging...explained in the help files)

so my simple answer in the previos post is exactly what it means
    Easiest method is HPT MPVI PRO
    and the scanner has a preset PID for logging the wideband LC1 so that you can take the LC1 out of the box and connect it to the EIO Connector and start up without having to build any custom PID's to make your stuff work....
    which in the end means quicker and easier Hook up and faster and easier straight out of the box
    -Scott -