Thread: How do I use the 3rd order polynomial excel spreadsheet for MAF curve?

Advanced Tuner

How do I use the 3rd order polynomial excel spreadsheet for MAF curve?

I don't remember who I got it from, but I assume this is what everyone is using to make a nice smooth best fit curve for their MAF tune?

I am enclosing my latest scan, and editor file prior to modification of MAF tune. Maybe someone can plug in the numbers and better explain what they did to arrive at the correction? I understand basic excel, but the explanation given on the sheet is too much for me to absorbe and correctly understand, ugh. Lol!

Thanks for any help !
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

No need for Excel, just use the histogram for the Maf Afr% Error. Then just copy the table & paste into the Maf table in the editor.
    You can use this config file, just set up your wideband pid into the table display. The #7 histogram is the AFR vs Maf Hz, and the
    #8 histogram is the AFR % Error vs Maf Hz.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    I guess there is different methods for different people? I know EC likes to have a nice smooth exponential curve. I remember some mention that it is okay to have bumps in the curve.

If I do the copy paste multiply, which is what I have been doing, it looks like the rocky mountain to no end.
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6Fury
    I guess there is different methods for different people? I know EC likes to have a nice smooth exponential curve. I remember some mention that it is okay to have bumps in the curve.

If I do the copy paste multiply, which is what I have been doing, it looks like the rocky mountain to no end.
    You can smooth out the bumps and peaks after each calibration......using the little red circle. You can also smooth the whole curve using the smoothing icons.

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

Like Howard said.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone created a spreadsheet like that to handle LS2's?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePiss
    Has anyone created a spreadsheet like that to handle LS2's?
    Here you go, I downloaded both when I found them.