Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My car/truck entered Reduced power mode, WHY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    You should be able to copy and paste the info into the P1514 but copy using the [+] values from the histogram as you are looking for max airflow values. Then I would probably add 10-15% for buffer space.
    So I would want to take the values that I log from the histogram and add those to the P1514 table, not just replace them? Then scale is up a percentage after adding those numbers? I think it safe to assume that, for the cells one would never hit, that the data could be extrapolated to make the 3d graph look normal.

I've got to ask the dumb question, so please bear with me. Why in some cases, like this one, would you add the numbers to the values in a table instead of just overwriting them outright (if the numbers from the histogram are already larger) and others you overwrite, like in the case of Russ K's idle airflow config?

--Edit--

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the "[+] values" you refer to. Are you meaning to say that I should only copy the positive values in the histogram, or are you saying that I should be adding the values to the original table? Or is there some other form of copy that I should be using?

--Edit #2--

Figures....

As soon as I ask the stupid question, I see a big [+] in the histogram that shows me max values. I fully understand what you were referring to. Sorry for being a dolt!
    Last edited by LinearX; 04-02-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Not a problem. You answered your own question and posted it. That removes all "doltiness".

How far did you need to move the P1514 table values? .1, .2, .3, .4 ???

And I was playing around tonight and made THIS HISTOGRAM that should work for many if not most Gen III P1514 tables.
    Last edited by EC_Tune; 04-03-2008 at 02:54 AM.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Not a problem. You answered your own question and posted it. That removes all "doltiness".

How far did you need to move the P1514 table values? .1, .2, .3, .4 ???

And I was playing around tonight and made THIS HISTOGRAM that should work for many if not most Gen III P1514 tables.
    Using the log I have of the first drive, the increase for me is quite large.

For example:

25%TPS/4000RPM -- 0.24000 is in the stock table
    25%TPS/4000RPM -- .53357 is in my calculated table

It looks like .3 at a minimum in most cases for me. I wonder if it has all to do with the change in throttle body size or if the other supporting mods attribute to the drastic change.

I think what I'll try is maxing out the table (bad for the ETC sanity check, I know) and drive around logging. I'll try to hit as many cells as possible (getting 100 counts or more per cell might be difficult) and then paste the max values into the table.

Obviously, the more hits per cell I get the better chance I have of the 3d graph looking similar to stock so I can interpolate for those cells that I didn't get much data for.

I downloaded your histogram, and it's the same output as mine. The only difference being that I was using the table "Calculated Airflow vs. TPS vs. RPM-P1514 Error" where you built the table manually.

That makes me feel a lot better that I arrived at the same histogram as you!

Thanks for being a sounding board for us all! It's greatly appreciated!

You got it. And your way makes sense. Find out where the P1514 needs to be set and trim it down accoridingly. Kind of like setting everything up rich to start with on a blower application.

btw, I had the same problem because my cam is a big split (219/228) and was causing big sways in MAP readouts. I just fixed it by setting the P0068 to no error reported. This may not be the recommended setting, but it works.
    '20 AT4
    '01 Suburban 2500 Dad Wagon

You got it. And your way makes sense. Find out where the P1514 needs to be set and trim it down accoridingly. Kind of like setting everything up rich to start with on a blower application.

The reason that I'd think to max the table out and trim down, in my case at least, is that I couldn't even get the car to pull out of the driveway without setting P1514 until I scaled the table up. Then I hit the 4000rpm wall and the 5000rpm wall.

5000rpm in any gear is a pretty good clip and quite an eye opener when you suddenly enter REP!

Quote Originally Posted by LinearX
    The reason that I'd think to max the table out and trim down, in my case at least, is that I couldn't even get the car to pull out of the driveway without setting P1514 until I scaled the table up. Then I hit the 4000rpm wall and the 5000rpm wall.

5000rpm in any gear is a pretty good clip and quite an eye opener when you suddenly enter REP!
    Yeah now imagine it happening on a 900 RWHP C5R 427 car with a ProCharger F1R at 5500 RPM!!! Scary has hell! That's where I got my education on REP errors...

Yeah now imagine it happening on a 900 RWHP C5R 427 car with a ProCharger F1R at 5500 RPM!!! Scary has hell! That's where I got my education on REP errors...
    hahah!! I bet that is quite an eye opening experience! Mine is just lowly heads/cam that isn't going to make NEAR that much power!

Thanks again for the feedback, man. I really appreciate it!

I would definitely piss my pants haha. I couldn't imagine that happening. The first time I tripped the REP I was in the middle of an intersection
    '20 AT4

Middle of an intersection is much worse than on the dyno!!!
    On the dyno you just get out - wipe - make changes and go again... LOL

Advanced Tuner
    not to change subjects doug but finished that tune on c5 zo6 w/lsx block and f1r. no 1514 but he popped 1515 and 1516. told him it might have to shelf that ported tb of his. 15psi @ 6700, the bitch pulls!

Nick,
    What did it make at 15 PSI? (give me a call later)
    Sounds like a TAC module issue to me or the TPS sensor is going goofy. Might want to compare TPS voltages with a known stock throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY BOY
    not to change subjects doug but finished that tune on c5 zo6 w/lsx block and f1r. no 1514 but he popped 1515 and 1516. told him it might have to shelf that ported tb of his. 15psi @ 6700, the bitch pulls!

mmmmm, tasty. What kind of cubes is he running?
    '20 AT4

Tuner in Training
    Support should be alot better on this issue. Still sitting here waitng for an email and a car that wont go past 700 rwhp! Its asking for more

Log/Tune???

Tuner in Training
    I am having this problem on a 2002 turbo Z06. Even when the P1514 table is maxed out, it still goes into REP mode occasionally, but the weird thing is that is gets nowhere near 4 g/cyl. More like just over 2.

Anything else I can do. I'll try to post the file tomorrow.

I recall reading somewhere recently about someone having a similar issue as you. I think the IFR/VE tables were scaled and the problem went away.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17848

I knew I had read somewhere recently that scaling IFR/VE down would stop the P1514 code on turbo cars.

what are the main causes for this reduced power mode? my buddies truck is stock and has done it a couple times?
    Criminal Motorsports Racing

yeah im doing a hummer h2 thats stock except for a ported throttle body and im getting this???

Gonna recheck the throttle body make sure its not messed up this afternoon, hopefully thats it lol.