Thread: 3 bar map with 2 bar tune?

3 bar map with 2 bar tune?

I have an 05 GTO that I want to go SD on, however, I am exceeding 2 bar, so I want to use a 2.5 or 3 bar sensor on the 2 bar tune and just fudge the numbers to make it work. I'd assume this is possible, but was hoping someone who has maybe done this can chime in and give some advice on getting this done. Also, is there a way to set the scanner up to read accurately up to my max PSI, even though the ECU only thinks it is getting 2 bar of pressure just so I can see what is going on? Lastly, once updated, is there a PID for a 2 bar map and histogram available (or how to set one up) that will let me log AFR vs. VE (boost map?) like there is now?

Lastly, is there any way to tune it so that the MAF handles part throttle and cruising conditions while the SD "takes over" at higher levels? Maybe with the MAF fail limits?

Thanks and sorry if I missed this somewhere already, go easy on the new guy .
    Joe
    Last edited by kwiktsi; 05-06-2007 at 10:15 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Most of the application procedure including the preconfigured histograms are listed here http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Bill, checking it out now! I have not seen the 2 bar tune, so I don't know how it works, but is there any way to keep the MAF and just go into SD mode at a certain point? Thanks again!
    Joe
    Last edited by kwiktsi; 05-06-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Just looked and that mentions 2.5 bar for an LS2- I only have a 2 bar option under "OS". Is there a 2.5 available?
    Joe

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the "2bar" for LS2's actually extends the VE table to 255kpa which is 2.5 bar

Cool, thanks Bill!

Next questions- where can I find info on how to get an SD tune started? I have an SD file here I was looking over and noticed it still has the MAF tables and such- do I have to fail out the MAF once I go SD, or does it do it automatically once it is in SD mode? Thanks.
    Joe

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes you need to fail the maf & such as all of our Speed Density operating systems are meant for speed density ONLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners
    Yes you need to fail the maf & such as all of our Speed Density operating systems are meant for speed density ONLY.
    Ok, I was just thinking that it would automatically just remove any MAF files or something once you upgraded to the 2 bar software, so I didn't know what to do with it.

Any good SD "how to's" here? I found a bunch of stuff for the older ECU's, but don't know how much of that carries over to the E38. Do I tune the VE the same as I do with the MAF and then just set the boost tables accordingly? What about the PE? Do I set that to my desired AFR, then tune the boost tables around that? Thanks.
    Joe
    Last edited by kwiktsi; 05-12-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Bill for some reason I cant send you PM's I just recieved one from you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    just email me as I get way too many support related pm's which are impossible to track.