Thread: commanded afr going from 14.6 to 13.9?

commanded afr going from 14.6 to 13.9?

I can't seem to figure out why the commanded afr goes from 14.6 to 13.9 all the time. It's kind of hard to get the ve tables in order with this going on. I don't even see where I can change the stoich afr. Am I missing something here?

are you running boost or anything? boost may mess up your fpr and dump extra fuel.
    2006 SS Cobalt SC
    Stage 2 ZZP Cams
    Headers, 3.0" Full ZZP Exhaust
    60lb inj. Intake.
    2.8 Pulley
    72# Lb. Supertech Springs
    LNF Ext Valves and lashers
    Cobre H/E, option B.
    Torque Damper
    HPTuned.
    Bitchin'

That's because your truck doesn't have an open loop table yet. Try setting the PE to 0% tps & the delay rpm to 0, and the multiplier to 1.00.
    Then change the base AFR to 14.7. This should provide a 14.7 commanded afr when in open loop.

Once the part throttle AFR is tuned, then change the PE enable TPS% back to stock and the Base AFR to 13.0 for tuning the WOT.

Russ Kemp

This is my stock 4.2L envoy. Russ, there is no way to change the base afr (that I can find). I could swear that before the latest release that I could change the base afr, but I can't find it now.

This is a pic of your base AFR table.

Russ Kemp

Russ, I'm trying to tune the VE tables. Don't I need to turn off PE? That is why I have the PE delay RPM maxed out. I also turned off DFCO by maxing out the enable rpm to 6375. Isn't that table you took a screenshot of the table where you set the afr that you want PE to be? Shouldn't I see only 14.6 on my commanded afr while tuning for ve because I have the PE and DFCO disabled?

This is the only way to get the commanded AFR to be 14.7 in open loop. Read over my post again.

Russ Kemp

ah ha, now it makes sense. Thanks for the advice Russ.

Russ, I figured out what was making the commanded afr go to 13.9. Anytime the A/C clutch is engaged the pcm kicks the afr to 13.9. I had the thing tricked into going full pe with a 14.6 pe afr and it was still reading 13.9 most of the time. I only found out the A/c deal when I left the HVAC turned off and WALAHH, 14.6 commanded all the time. Weird deal, don't know if anyone else has come accross this.

Tuner in Training
    My car does the exact same thing. My afr goes from 14.7-13.7. Also my Commanded AFR will not go over 14.0 no matter what I set the PE table at.
    2003 Cavalier 2.2 L4. Modified Intake and throttle body. Header and 2000 watts of boost in the trunk.

Advanced Tuner
    Check you OL table if you have one. Obviously like Russ said PDS doesn't have one. But I think the cavys do.
    06 Cobalt SS SC
    2.7 pulley
    42.5lb Injectors
    HPT VCM Suite tuned
    Custom SRI
    Tuned
    13.701 @ 103 Mph
    Best 1/4 mile Stock
    14.295 @ 102 Mph

02 TURBO Cavy 2200
    Finished
    Times coming soon