Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: boosted 2.4 solstice

boosted 2.4 solstice

hoping someone will take a look.......i'm having a hard time emailing info......actually singling out a histo and loading the best parameters to scan etc and then not losing them when i try to add another
    i am curious if they will load up here.. ...thats question #1 and question #2 is why would i have trouble sending them ? lol...how come i can see the histo on the laptop but it doesn't show on email

how do i change the format back when something arrives in "binary" ??

if the logs/scans/histos do attach here - that will be progress its hard enuff finding talent interested in fooling with this car- expecting them to guess / blindly come up with a fine tune.....lol......ain't going to happen

any information ,comments complaints opinions and advice are welcome..........would truely be appreciated.......any comments at all PLEASE......

hopefully this is a big milestone ...collecting some info..... i will get better at this......the technology is amazing......i 'm never going to be a tuner.i'm still bumbling thru the terminology...learning fast as i can...(basic grasp on some concepts but no where near pluggin independent#'s or guesses into a table....i'm lite years from where i started...i just wanna get my car safe to drive!!! producing some concrete info has to be a start

i apologize for the typing in advance.......look at the attachments and save the punctuation lesson....... this is bout the tune.....

the car is a 2006 2.4 ecotech solstice
    the mods are
    custom ss manifold
    garrett trim 50 t03/04 turbo
    42'lb injectors
    tial 38mm wastegate and bov
    werks radiator
    bell intercooler
    hiflo cat
    3" tubes front to back
    gxp factory turbo exhaust with magnaflow
    5+ boost

stock dyno was 148 whp and148 torque
    1st tune dyno 247whp 203 torque.......without i/c or exhaust upgrades

if i forgot anything just ask......
    thanks for your time
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I took a look at your map and it was rather strange. You retard timing at start up but advance it during boost. It should be the other way around.

thankyou for the start !

i appreciate just knowing the info is "there".... thanks RP !

i'm trying to learn and realise i have to be able to carry a decent convo AND produce information for any opinions and advice -

i have a lot to learn - narrowing down some focus .....is a great place to start !..
    any other observations ? ( other than get out the driveway quicker nx time )

is it safe ( AFR ) to continue driving it to log some scans ??

totally different flash -what diff do you see

ok IF this scan loads - its a totally different flash/tune

does it look better or worse - as far as SAFE to drive on ?.....as far as anything specific you might see
    ..i initially thought it might be a lil richer but again i think i'm dangerously lean...???

without knowing what else to worry about thats my biggest concern......i felt aBIG "shudder " at the end of this ride..for lack of better description but haven't a clue if significant or not..other wise it "feels" ok

if i'm going to learn i need some feedback....lol...assuming i am providing logs / histos you can see.....
    .....baby steps and patience...
    thanks
    pam

Try this config file, your not logging the right sensors & pids for your car. The histograms should work to help tune the Maf to get the actual AFR to match the commanded AFR. Why is your ECT & IAT at -40*? Also your Map sensor is at 0 all the time.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 05-06-2007 at 01:08 PM.

What HPT version are you using? Looks like .18 to me, which doesn't play well with the E67 ECM, resulting in non-logged data.

Try backing up to v.16 and see if that doesn't get the logs working. And to try to clean things up with Russ's .cfg file, get rid of the Bank 2 stuff. (Russ is sharp, but doesn't realize that some engines don't have a Bank 2! )

heres what i got now

loaded russ config - thankyou

and yes its the .18......
    you want me to go back to .16 - gotcha

thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by BennyHHR
    What HPT version are you using? Looks like .18 to me, which doesn't play well with the E67 ECM, resulting in non-logged data.

Try backing up to v.16 and see if that doesn't get the logs working. And to try to clean things up with Russ's .cfg file, get rid of the Bank 2 stuff. (Russ is sharp, but doesn't realize that some engines don't have a Bank 2! )
    I know this car doesn't have a O2 B2, and I don't have it in the table display. I think you will need to log Commanded EQ Ratio SAE, then set up a user defined pid. The function would then be 14.68* the EQ ratio. Then name this the commanded afr and the units as afr. This should get the commanded afr to work. I see that some data is still not working, try the 2.1.16 version.

Russ Kemp

back to drawing board

i have 6 parameters showing on histograms on laptop...( your config DID ADD some parameters i didn't know i could .....
    but only see 2 on the desk top ( i assume thats same 2 you can see - what i did wrong for them all to NOT attach ??.......
    i'll have to keep beating on the lap top and read more

yes i need to figure out how to ditch the .18 and dl .16 for sure !!
    its bad enuff being a goober but not knowing when its me and when its the version... is $#%$%^....
    .....at least i know its NOT ALWAYS ME
    that is MAJOR !!...lol...
    thanks guys
    pam

There is a 2.1.19 Beta available. Just email support.

Russ Kemp

Russ,

There is an issue where .18 won't log properly with the E67 in the LE5. Keith is aware of it and I've sent him a bunch of data. Right now Pam needs to ask support for a copy of .16 until this is resolved. The .19 beta is hosed, too for this combo.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BennyHHR; 05-06-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Russ,

You mentioned the user defined PID for Commanded AFR, which Pam needs here. My question is: Is this stored within the cfg file?

plugging away

let me try 1 more time see if i can attach something worth looking at............
    EDITED

if the 6 histo info loaded while scanning but i just can't attach them - sounds like its on ME OR IS IT ????

whats with the unable to "parse log "..?..................anyone know what i'm doing wrong ?..........is that the program or ME ???? lol

I HAVE STRUGGLED ..............AND FELT LIKE AN IDIOT ..BEEN ASSUMED TO BE AN IDIOT .. ok most times i'm an idiot. if benny hadn't let me know maybe it wasn't me - i still wouldn't know....the slim possibility it could be something else

...IF ANYONE AT HP WOULD CARE TO EXPAND ON THE ISSUES I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT...........just let me know

I AM BY NO MEANS RAGGING ON THE SOFTWARE it is amazing ........
    .. if there are known issues please let me know ..don't let me keep struggling and feeling like a dweeb.......

...i read a thread about 30 ridiculous hard zones in the e67 ecm.........crazy math calculations for the e67 ecm
    NEVER ANYTHING ABOUT bugs in .18 version relative the e67

...........i finally have interest , a reply (((( a start )))) ......... and seemingly i can't forward files...that are READABLE..... #%$%^&

you can not imagine my frustration

....if its me ok - i need to keep working at it......
    .. go back to .16 version ?? a lil feedback from ((( HP ))) would be nice........ if - there are no glitches...... and thats not it !!!.....????

.! sorry for the rant............i was so excited for russes config to have worked so easily - not being able to show him what he asked for and configd for me is making me crazy !

POST RE EDITED _ failure to "parse" ???? someone must know why that happens ?? where or what i did wrong
    thanks
    pam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zzzybil; 05-08-2007 at 12:22 PM.

try again

can't seem to load up best scans - won't parse- what am i doing wrong......takes a while to start........sorry my nephew backed out the driveway --- drives me crazy too - sorry ........

ok i edited and manually typed in what i see that yall can't

histo table 3 here is blank on the lap top i see green -100 across the board ( maf freq low ltft %)

histo table 4 here is blank on the laptop i see green -100 across the board ( maf freq ltft high %)

histo table 5 here is blank on laptop i see maf freq low afr
    1000 1150 1300 1450 1600 1750 1900 2050 2200 2350 2500 2650 2800 2950 3100 3250 3400 3550 3700 3850 4000 4150 4300 4450 4600 4750 4900 5200 5350 5500 5800
    17.3 12.4 11.3 13.2 15.1 14.5 14.7 14.7 13.714.014.0 14.5 14.3 14.4 14.6 14.6 14.6 14.5 14.6 14.6 14.7 14.7 14.3 14.514.5 14.5 14.5 14.6 14.7 14.5 14.2

histo table 6 maf freq high afr
    5.8 6.0 6.2 6.4 6.6 6.8 7.0 7.2 7.4 7.6 7.8 8.0 8.2 8.4 8.6 8.8 9.0 9.2
    14.9 14.9 14.4 13.8 12.7 13.7 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 12.5 ( then blank)
    pink ltblu green across from here

whether its useful or not its maddening it won't load up - reads not configured on the post..............
    Last edited by zzzybil; 05-10-2007 at 03:56 PM.

today's attempts

still working on logging- seeing if they parse

Pam,

You need to save my config file to disk first. Then copy the file and go My computer > C Drive > Program Files > Hp Tuners > VCM Suite 2 and paste. Then close everything and open your VCM Scanner and click on File > Open Config and find & double click on the 2006-Solstice.cfg. Now you can scan your car, all the histograms will work including the Maf AFR% Error for the low & high Maf tables. You still need to set up a user defined pid to get the commanded AFR to work like I posted. This will require you to insert the EQ Ratio pid in the table display as well. Still don't know why the IAT & ECT are at -40, and the LTFT is at -100% all the time.

This is what you could try. Connect your laptop to the car, open the scanner, turn the ignition on, click the connect button, then right click on the table display > insert, then click on the + in front of the Fuel System and hit every + button to display all the supported fuel system pids. Then save & post the screen pic. Do the same with the IAT & ECT pids. Then I can see what pids are supported for your car.You may have to insert vehicle specific pids, as the SAE ones may not function.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by BennyHHR
    Russ,

You mentioned the user defined PID for Commanded AFR, which Pam needs here. My question is: Is this stored within the cfg file?
    The user defined pids are stored in the VCM Scanner.cfg.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K
    The user defined pids are stored in the VCM Scanner.cfg.

Russ Kemp
    Thanks, Russ.

I recommended a while back to "downgrade" to v.16, since .18 won't work will logging the E67. Read earlier.

Pam, did you go back to the earlier version?

started to swap to .16

couldn't really find it - wondered if i'd lose my tune files....really just couldn't find where to dl it and just kept pluggin away with .18

i think its me !... .....i still can see a lot of histos that won't show on these scans ?? as soon as i finish figuring out the ((( PARSE ))) thing .......... the ones i DID manage 6 histos / more parameters ...at least i can see them !.........

having better info and not being able to share it here .... .....all i can do is keep trying till i get it...........i think STFT is on - thats progress right .........i know i can't get help till i produce INFO.....

I still would need to see the screen pic of the available pids.

Russ Kemp