Thread: Projected Horsepower Gains for 2007 Impala SS

Potential Tuner

Cool Projected Horsepower Gains for 2007 Impala SS

I will be purchasing a HP Tuner for my 2007 Impala SS with a 5.3 liter engine in it rated at 303 horsepower & am wondering about what the approximate horsepower increase using the 93 octane tune would be. Any data or tests that have been done to determine this would be very much appreciated. Thanks,
    Chuck N.

Ball park, probably ~20 rwhp. However this doesn't even begin to describe the overall improvement in "driveability" and consistency that can be gained from a good tune.

Are you north of Chicago? Send me a PM and maybe I can help you get started.
    Flea
    --------------
    2006 GTO
    Kooks LTs, NGK WB
    12.96 @109.12

Potential Tuner
    Approx. 20 fwhp sounds quite well! I have often wondered how that can be converted to net h.p. as the motor is rated at 303 from the factory. I am also wondering just what I could expect when you said that this h.p. improvement didn't even begin to describe the overall improvement in the driveability & consistency that can be gained. Would this affect handling, gas mileage, etc??? It really has my curiosity up as to the full story of what I could expect from a tune like this. I had even considered tuning my 2002 Z06 405 h.p. Vette with this tuner but again didn't really know what to expect as that car runs very well pure stock & also wonder about the money end of it because I bought it new in Oct. of 2001 & will have it 6 years come this Oct. & have about 10,800 miles on it so it doesn't get driven alot. But any help or suggestions/information that you could offer to me would be very much appreciated for sure!!! Before I forget, I live in Minooka IL., a town about 50 miles southwest of Chicago, or about 15 miles southwest of Joliet. Thank you for your help & have a great day!!!
    Chuck N.

Advanced Tuner
    while i have not tuned anything hptuners wise as of yet (my box should be here soon!!!!) i have tuned other cars with other products. my last car was an SRT4 running an AEM EMS standalone. the driveability with large cams, a huge fuel system, and a big turbo was significantly better than the factory tune on a stock car. i made more power accross the entire powerband, even low throttle low rpm areas. tip in of the throttle was significantly smoother and the power was significantly more linear. this allowed for much better and much smoother driveability. further i was allowed to tune it so that my mileage improved and it actually ran cleaner than factory (even through my 3" highflow catalytic converter) and passed smog with FLYING COLORS!!!!!!!!!

so not only did i get an improvement in power across teh entire powerband, which was wonderful, but driveability was much better. it was actually easier to drive my 400hp/400torque neon than it was to drive it stock...go figure

that car was a stick, but if you have an auto (not sure what the impalla SS comes with) you will also have control of transmission shifts and such. this will allow you to pick up time in the 1/4 because of the quicker shifts. you should also be allowed to raise the shift points allowing you to stay in gear longer!

Potential Tuner

Bad tune 2007 impala SS

So I made a bad decision on the tuner I trusted to tune my impala and now he doesn?t know how to fix it and I don?t know how to post a picture of my trans chart any help would be appreciated

Senior Tuner
    Email me your current tune file and list of mods and I'll take a look.

[email protected]