Thread: need some help with histograms

Tuner in Training

need some help with histograms

Hey guys - My first post here!! First let me say Thanks Much to all you guys who take the time to help out us 'newbees', I have learned much from many hours of reading on this Forum. Ok - I'm an old guy who has been playing with cars for many years and done much tuning but new to computer tuning, and not terribly computer savy, so... So far I have managed to get the VE table pretty well set and made some changes to the timing table and I want to tune the MAF next. My fuel trims have been around -14. The car is a '01 Vette with a Magnacharger and a 220/226 cam. I have a LM1 wide band hooked up and offset adjusted.
    Two problems -- I show the A/F ratio in the bottom of the Table, but the graph and wide band histograms show nothing. I have looked over the 'insert' selections and don't see "wide band" there - What am I missing to get the Wide Band Histogram working??
    The other problem is the MAF histogram. I have inserted "Mass Air Flow" to the Table, but the histogram comes up with 'histogram not supported' -- What am I missing on this one??
    Thanks in Advance
    Bruce Carter
    Last edited by vetteman3; 04-30-2007 at 01:59 PM.

If you have the EIO version, you need to insert your wideband PID in the EIO section of the table. See pic below:
    Attachment 5577
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. I already have "custom lm1" set there with my offset formula and I can read the A/F ratio there, but not on the graph. So I inserted "wideband LM1" from the insert list like you said and that shows on the graph, but without the correction its about 2.0 off. How can I get my user configured setup to show on the graph??
    I also need help configuring the "maf hz" histogram. I have selected 'configure histograms on #8, and got MAF airflow vs output freq, units in % on the X axis. Do I need to put something on the Y axis??

I just use the "generic" WBo2 "sensor". That way it works with anything defined as a "Wideband o2".
    Attachment 5619

Just make sure you don't have multiple items on the PID display defined as a "Sensor" as Wideband o2
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman3
    The other problem is the MAF histogram. I have inserted "Mass Air Flow" to the Table, but the histogram comes up with 'histogram not supported' -- What am I missing on this one??
    Thanks in Advance
    Bruce Carter
    you have to log the MAF in hertz.

Tuner in Training
    Still no luck!!
    On the problem of displaying user configured WB A/F ratio on the graph -- The only way I can get A/F ratio on the graph is to select click on EIO input 1 and select Wide Band O2. But because of the offset voltage problem, the readout about 2.0 off from that displayed on the LM1. So then I delete that, go through the same procedure and instead of selecting Wide Band O2, select 'user defined', and then insert my offset formula. I can then read my actual A/F ratio on the Table view but not on the graph, which is where I need it for WOT tuning. Am I missing a step??
    On the problem of configuring the MAF HZ histogram -- I have inserted the PID Air Fuel Ratio Error, and the PID Wide Band O2 into the Table. But when I start scanning, the Air Fuel Ratio Error lable grays out, and the wide band o2 lable just shows 0.00. Then when I go to histogram #8, it says 'unsupported'. What's up with this??
    Last edited by vetteman3; 04-30-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I got it fixed!!! And the problem wasn't with HP tuners program, it was the LM1 set-up. I had not changed the voltage output for analog 2 to 0-5v. I played with this when I first got the lm1, but it was still set on the default 1-2v. Now all is well and I'm off to go tuning!!