Thread: Injector problem??

Tuner in Training

Injector problem??

Today i got my LS1 conversion smoged and i passed everyting but emissions. I have a very HIGH CO% Limit is .96 i had a 4.37. I scaned my car for fuel problems and noticed that my "long term fuel trim bank 1,2" is super high stays between 15-25 %. I have the factory program on there right now (as far as i know).

NOTE: I will post up a log if needed

it's needed.

Tuner in Training
    oh fo sho!!

Tuner in Training
    Ok i got the scan for you guys. at one point i pulled the connector off the MAF and everyting went negative.... i just dont get it way when i plug it back in the the long fuel trim goes high?? tell me what you think

Tuner in Training
    Bump....

If there are no un-metered air leaks between the Maf & the throttle body, then the Maf is under reporting the airflow causing positive fuel trims. Try cleaning the Maf with carb spray. If it still doesn't help, then replace the Maf. Any mods the the engine?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    the only mod that i did was go 3inch from the cat back for the exhaust. thats it. Nothing at all. I even download a factory program and still nothing. When the car is at idle the long trims max out 25 but when i give it gas it goes back to ZERO but then it climbs back up slowly. I will give this a try. i will look over the air leak problem.

Definitely an air leak from what you are reporting.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Potential Tuner
    Will I get any info about my charts? The situation is diferrent. Most of the time the LTFT banks seem to be below the acceptable level.
    The car is C6 Z06 with the Procharger kit and 60lb injectors..
    MAF sensor is alredy switched to the new one, so there is rather no problem with this.
    Log attached.
    Should we suspect that the 60 lbs injectors are the ones causing problems?
    Adam