Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody have the GM 2 bar linear and offset values for MAP 12580698

anybody have the GM 2 bar linear and offset values for MAP 12580698

I thought t was like 9 for the offset and 207.65 for linear...but I need to be sure
    cant seem to find my info right now..LOL
    -Scott -

Last edited by EC_Tune; 04-10-2007 at 12:36 AM.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Why do you need these values? Ive read of some rescaling the MAP with this sensor. I just plug and played mine and never had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy
    Why do you need these values? Ive read of some rescaling the MAP with this sensor. I just plug and played mine and never had any issues.
    because when you use a 2bar map you want the MAP sesnor to be calibrated correctly...
    2bar map is good to 15.6 PSI...not quite 210kpa

and I did remember correctly

207.66 for linear
    9 for offset

-Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    how and where do you enter those values?

Quote Originally Posted by miker2
    how and where do you enter those values?
    2 bar SD enhancement

pic below
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    thanks. looked,but didn't find it earlier.

wow... wish I would have known that baout 3 months ago.. LOL

I never did that and mine worked perfectly.

unless you are planning on making 15+PSI of boost..then its not as important...
    -Scott -

2 bar can only handle about 15 psi, so what is the point? Now Im confused.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy
    2 bar can only handle about 15 psi, so what is the point? Now Im confused.. lol
    if you have teh values wrong it messes up what you can really do in your VE..
    if you were to set the values too high then it would report 210 kpa too early and max out tables

too low and you get crummy resolution by not using the VE to its full effectiveness..

having the wrong values in this can also screw with other things in the tune directly related to MAP
    -Scott -

gotcha. Thanks for the explination!

Advanced Tuner
    How did you come up with those values? My sensor reads ~105 kPa with the key off.. 104.7x on the 'baro' sensor.. Correct me if I am wrong, but barometric pressure is never that high.. therefore... the vac is messed up as well. Will it vary with different sensors?
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

I always commend efforts to tune with actual real values. However, most tunes end up needing to fudge some value for one reason or another, so a lot of times the effort is wasted. For example, I went to great effort to include nothing but ACTUAL values in my tune. Later, when I put in a high/low boost switch, I was maxing my timing table airflow on low boost. I had to fudge a couple of values to allow the bottom row on the timing table to be different on high boost. This led to fudging other values, etc., etc. Good luck in your efforts.

This is an older thread but I'd like to throw my $.02 in. I used the PDF listed above from powerandsignal and with a quick and dirty spreadsheet I plotted the linear slope for the sensor based on the min and max VOut's of the sensor for the pressures that they gave (20, 40, 160 and 200 kPa). I took the average of the min and max VOuts and it comes out to exactly .025 V/kPa or 40 kPa/V. So based on that I come up with an offset of 8 kPa and a Linear of 200 kPa.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 07-23-2008 at 11:11 AM.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    This is an older thread but I'd like to throw my $.02 in. I used the PDF listed above from powerandsignal and with a quick and dirty spreadsheet I plotted the linear slope for the sensor based on the min and max VOut's of the sensor for the pressures that they gave (20, 40, 160 and 200 kPa). I took the average of the min and max VOuts and it comes out to exactly .025 V/kPa or 40 kPa/V. So based on that I come up with an offset of 8 kPa and a Linear of 208 kPa.

Would this be accurate for all 2-bar sensors? Think you could do this for a 3-bar sensor?
    06 Silverado rcsb.
    Forged 346ci, Ported stock heads (290cfm int), Comp 224/230 114 cam w/1.8 rockers, Victor Jr. intake, D1sc, 3-core, 60lb inj, 255 in-tank, Pacesetter long-tubes w/ORY, 4" magnaflow cat back, Alky Control meth kit, FLT Level 4 4l80e, 3000 Vig. converter, Custom tuning done by Allen Nelson. And a ton of $$$.
    RWHP: 542
    RWTQ: 456
    On Nelson's Superflow
    11.455 @ 119.6mph w/1.817 60'

It's specific to the sensor in the powerandsignal spec sheet posted above.

If I had the spec sheet for the 3 bar one it'd be easy peasy.

Note I have not tested these values at all yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown06
    Would this be accurate for all 2-bar sensors? Think you could do this for a 3-bar sensor?
    Bill Winters

Wierd but the Cadillac STS-V uses the same sensor and the linear value is different.

Linear 200 Kpa
    Offset 8 Kpa

When I get my head unit back from Paxton and actually start tuning I'll play with this some more. Seems like the linear is pretty constant and the offset should be able to be obtained by altering it until the MAP reads 105 kPa with the ignition on, engine off. Not sure how much it changes with baro changes.
    Bill Winters

Might want to verify with the stock 1bar sensor first with the stock settings. Usually atmospheric is about 101 Kpa unless you are at high altitude then it's about 87 Kpa.