Thread: Commanded AFR @ idle???

Tuner in Training

Commanded AFR @ idle???

I am having trouble getting my commanded AFR @ idle to reflect what i have in my olfa table which is 1.0 or 14.68:1. As soon as it goes to idle it immediately goes to 12.80:1. As soon as I give it gas though it goes to 14.68:1 which it is supposed to be and it stays there until it returns to the idle circuit in which it goes back to 12.80. I am wb speed density tuning my car in open loop and did it per the hptuners instructions in the help file. This is an 02 Z06 btw. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Post your tune & scan log showing the changing commanded AFR.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Here they are....Hopefully I did it right..LOL

Tuner in Training
    here is the scanner log

Have a look at your Engine - Fuel Control - Power Enrich - PE EQ ratio table. It's commanding 12.77 @ idle rpm.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Actually I would look at the PE TPS table which is at 0 up to 1200 RPM. So you are in PE at idle...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531
    Have a look at your Engine - Fuel Control - Power Enrich - PE EQ ratio table. It's commanding 12.77 @ idle rpm.
    I didn't realize that could be causing it. I thought about that but I thought that a certain tps had to be reached for that to happen, but sure enough when I looked at Pe enable rpm the 0-1200 rpms were zeroed out. Thanks a bunch for noticing that!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EC_Tune
    Actually I would look at the PE TPS table which is at 0 up to 1200 RPM. So you are in PE at idle...
    Yea that is what i just realized as well. Thank you both for noticing that!! What a headache that was causing me and to think it was something so simple as that!!

This is how I would set up the PE tables.

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 03-27-2007 at 02:37 AM.