Thread: Fueling issues with vacuum ref fuel system without FPCM

Potential Tuner

Fueling issues with vacuum ref fuel system without FPCM

I dont even know where to start with this thing. Attached the tune for reference. Id acquired a bastard 07 GMT900 RCSB V6 Silverado without the FPCM. Swapped in an L99/6L80. Mods are Holley High Ram(long story), 1 7/8 LTs, X pipe, TSP VVT cam(which was a mistake but its in there). The VVE tuning has been like a dog chasing its tail! I daily drove this truck for a year MAF only bc it the VVE was just a headache. Havent been driving it recently but Im about to get it back out and attempt to get the tune straightened out. Its got a base but its not pretty. Hand smoothing the tables throws fueling off worse so Ive kinda set it and left it alone. Admittadly, Ive never tuned a VVT cam. At this point IM just trying to go back over the fuel settings and injector data to try and make sure its where it needs to be before I try messing with the VVE anymore. The truck has no FPCM so I did a return system with a VAC referenced Aeromotive and the injectors are the stock L99s. I did an in tank 450 for the pump. Ive set FPCM to NOT FITTED, used the L99 injector data and made the IFR static at 42 for the 58psi pressure the reg is set at, set Offset VS Pressure Delta VS IGNV to static figures based on the oem data for the 388-408kpa columns. Not only does the VVE table look rough but its going rich under load and the trims are lazy. Replaced the 02s just to rule those out. The way the trims are acting underload its like I have bad injector data or Ive set it up wrong. Cruising the AFRs look fine. What am I missing here???
    07RCSBL99-LS3TSPVVT22.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by ekdream View Post
    used the L99 injector data and made the IFR static at 42 for the 58psi pressure the reg is set at, set Offset VS Pressure Delta VS IGNV to static figures based on the oem data for the 388-408kpa columns.
    Well that's not how you do that, use the one column from both tables that matches your base pressure (408kPa will be close enough for 58 PSI).

Potential Tuner
    Ive tried both 388 and 408 columns across. Just as a trial I used the interpolated figures between the 2 and used that across the board. Same or similar results so far.