Thread: What transmission mode am I in?

Potential Tuner

What transmission mode am I in?

2008 Tahoe 5.3LMG 4L60e

On the scanner the Trans Shift Mode reads as "Unknown: 0B" for normal and "Performance..." for tow/haul.

In the editor under Trans->Shift General->Shift Pattern Type the options are "Pattern A" and "Pattern B".

Current tune shows Pattn 1 for "Pattern A" and Normal for "Pattern B"

I've attached a log (layout also attached) switching through the gears first with the tow/haul off, back to park, then back through the gears with the tow/haul on.

I've also attached a read entire of the current tune. (AFM turned off, everything else stock)

VCM Editor Shift Options.PNGVCM Scanner Shift Type 1.PNGVCM Scanner Shift Type 2.PNG

In the editor drop downs for the two patterns (attached image), can I just change those willy nilly and expect differences in shifting or are those supposed to match whatever the trans is expecting?

When changing different parameters in the editor, such as pressures and scheduling, is it safe to assume that "Pattern A" is normal mode and "Pattern B" is tow/haul?

If anyone can shed some light on how this all fits together. My goal is to leave normal mode factory with just a 10% bump in line pressure and use the tow/haul mode to tweak further. DIY eco and performance mode.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    My 2014 Yukon Denali uses pattern A as normal/regular. And Pattern B is the tow/haul mode
    HTH